Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Trying for Progress

This morning I decided to call Brooke's teacher and get an update on how she has been acting in school. Her teacher said she has still been pretty quiet and really just not the 'bubbly little girl' she usually is. Her teacher asked how things were at home and I told her what's been going on. She agreed that things have changed since Eliza left the school. I told her how I was struggling with the decision on whether or not to let the girls get together. She seemed to think it was worth a shot to see if it would pull Brooke out of this weird behavior. So I called Eliza's Mom and I could hear the excitement in her voice. She told me that Eliza has been signing the letters of Brooke's name and signing, 'that's my friend.' I am so glad that the two girls feel the same attachment for each other. We made plans to get together later this week. When I told Brooke about the arrangements, she said, 'Thank you so much Mommy. You're the best!' Now, that's the little 4 year old I know! I am going to place my faith in Brooke that things will continue to get back to normal and that this playdate will bring me back my little girl for good. Well, at least until the next big whatever. Can we please wait until her teenage years to deal with food issues that like again. And the moodiness. That can wait too. Oh man, what am I going to do when she actually is a teenager and she pulls worse stuff than this? Faith, faith that I can know what to do when that time comes.

1 comment:

Noodle said...

Sammy has been a royal monster too it must bethe weather or time of the year but i hope with some well planed activitys and trips to nana's i can get back my cute monster and get rid of the mean one