Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Faith

You may have noticed me mentioning the word 'Faith' in my last few posts. I have decided to not have a New Year's Resolution this year. Instead, I am using just one word to improve my life this year. I have seen a few other people doing this idea, so it isn't really something new. Just new to me. So for 2010, my word is Faith. Having faith is something I need to work on. Not just religiously, but all around. I worry and stress over every little thing. I need to have more faith that things will work out. I need to place my faith in other people that they will come through. I need to faithfully adhere to my family, my friends, and my religion. I will faithfully do the things that the Lord is asking me to do. There are many things that can be accomplished with Faith.

Wikipedia stats that 'Faith is the confident belief or trust in the truth or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing. The word "faith" can refer to a religion itself or to religion in general. As with "trust", faith involves a concept of future events or outcomes, and is used conversely for a belief "not resting on logical proof or material evidence.  Informal usage of the word "faith" can be quite broad, and may be used in place of "trust" or "belief."  Faith is often used in a religious context, as in theology, where it almost universally refers to a trusting belief in a transcendent reality, or else in a Supreme Being and/or this being's role in the order of transcendent, spiritual things.  Faith is in general the persuasion of the mind that a certain statement is true.  It is the belief and the assent of the mind to the truth of what is declared by another, based on his or her authority and truthfulness.

Merriam-Webster defines Faith as allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty, fidelity to one's promises, sincerity of intentions. Belief and trust in and loyalty to God, belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion, firm belief in something for which there is no proof, complete trust. Something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs.

As this year progresses, I am going to build on my Faith. Faith in myself, faith in my husband, faith in my children, faith in my family, faith in my Heavenly Father. I know Heavenly Father is there for me and he will help me out on my journey.

3 comments:

nlybbs said...

I love it! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing your faith with me :O)

Rodarte Family said...

I just read through your last few posts and I'm so glad that right now as I read them you and Brooke have figured (mostly anyway, right!) things out. Poor Brooke and poor mom! I'm not looking forward to dealing with those serious-type issues with Gracie in the years to come, but you've provided me with a good example on how to approach those trials.

Noodle said...

I need to work on my faith too... Faith in my kids and faith in my self but you can never have to much faith in good things... =)