Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas at Grandma Wentz's House

We went up to Derek's Mom's house for her traditional Christmas breakfast. She made cinnamon rolls, bacon, sausage, and eggs. It was super yummy! Then we opened our gifts.

Brooke got a baby doll (a boy one so she can pretend it's her baby brother she has long, long, and going to be even longer waiting for!) from Grandma and Grandpa. A Spongebob Barbie from Uncle Jesse, a tea set from Aunt Josie and her kids, a velvet coloring page from Aunt Denise and a baking set from Uncle Frank.

DaKoda also got a baby doll from Grandma and Grandpa. Barbie's slumber party dog from Uncle Jesse, a My Little Pony from Aunt Josie and her kids, a dress up jewelry set from Aunt Denise, and a baking set from Uncle Frank.

Derek and I got a new bedding set from his Mom and Dad. Jesse gave us the month off of car payments (hurray!!). Josie and I made arrangements to just exchange gifts for the kids. (We never know what to buy for them and vise versa.) Denise gave Derek a watch and me a set of bath sponge poofies. Frank and Julia gave us a set of blue towels.



Only picture I managed to take of Brooke. She was so busy playing with Matthew. The rest of Josie's kids were with their Dad. We sure missed having them around for Christmas! Brooke is wearing the apron that came with her baking set. The kids had so much fun setting out the cupcake pan with the liners and then passing around pretend cupcakes. Even Matthew had fun with them. The baking set can be used for real baking too.
DaKoda had more fun playing with Matthew's new tool set. I love how she is wearing a baking apron, but playing with tools. Both Brooke and DaKoda love playing with tools. Some of their favorite toys are Handy Manny tools. Well, anything Handy Manny really.


Josie walked right into my shot of the Christmas tree. I thought it was funny. An unintentional pregnancy shot!! I think she has about 6 weeks to go, but she still looks so tiny! She is having a girl and I think she is naming her Alexis. We thought it was pretty funny, we almost named Brooke 'Alexia'. Wouldn't that have been silly, Alexia and Alexis? Can't wait to hold that little girl!
Finally a good shot of the Christmas tree! I should have taken one before all the presents were unwrapped, but oh well! That remote control car under the tree made for some laughter too. The TV remote kept making it move! Every time we would change the channel, the car would move forward a little.

Dinner was fabulous! We had ham, potatoes, green bean casserole, huge Texas sized Rhodes rolls (one of my favorite!) and pie for dessert. I (well, Derek and his Mom helped a lot!) also made Acini De Pepe for the dinner. I put frozen raspberries in it and loved it! I think I put a few too many in, but since his Mom and I were really the only ones who ate it, we loved too many raspberries. We also had no bake cookies and holly cookies. A little while after dinner, we decided to head out to my parents house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm...that breakfast sounds delicious! I love that first picture of DaKoda where her nose is being smashed by the goggles. Too funny.

Is that the Laker game on in the background? My brother made sure to point out to me that he could have had 4th row seats to the Laker game on Christmas, but he came to UT instead. :P

Eric and Jenny said...

Your sister in law is so tiny for only six weeks left. I think I am bigger than her and I have still have 15 weeks left, not fair!

Luke is loving his Mickey Mouse Choo Choo Express. He loves trains and has a train set but it is so complicated to set up that he gets frusterated with it, this one is so kid friendly and easy he can do it all by himself. The only annoying thing is the song, but isn't that like all toys!