We made it up to my parents house around 7pm. We went straight into opening presents. Oh wow! We were all so spoiled. Melissa had made a deal with us that all of us adults (besides Mom and Dad) would pass on exchanging gifts so that we could all save money for our trip to Australia in 2012. Silly us! We were sure fooled by her. I'm not sure why we were surprised, Melissa fools us a lot! She bought all of us gifts and said they were from Kyle and Brittney.....RIGHT!!! 'Brittney' gave me a beautiful dolphin necklace and another necklace. One of the 'open the oyster to find your pearl' ones. I waited to open it so that Brittney could watch me open it. The girls got a trunk full of dress up things from JD and Melissa. They loved it! The played with that trunk all weekend long. I'm not going to post everything we received or else you might panic! Our family goes all out for Christmas. Some of the highlights though: The girls each got a Little People playset, books from Aunt Krista, blankets (that Mommy gets to tie together with the girls), Princess and the Frog Favorite Moment doll, and many other things. Derek got a new suit jacket. He looks so handsome in it! Dad gave him lots and lots of Mater toys and books and even ornaments. Mater is the tow truck from the Disney movie 'Cars'. Brooke calls Derek's work (towing) truck 'Mater truck'. The girls sure love that movie and enjoy playing with all the Mater truck hot wheels Derek got. He also got new dress pants and some nice long sleeve shirts. Derek and I always get a set of matching shirts from my parents and this year they are really pretty blue long sleeve shirts. I also got a pink and raspberry colored shirt that I can wear together or wear them separately. It's also my Dad's tradition to give us a tote of DVDs. He gave us all the Crocodile Dundee movies! These movies mean so much more to me now. I liked them before, but now.....priceless. We have been soaking up so much information about Australia since Mom and Dad got their mission call. I have checked out almost every library book about Australia that our library has! Anyway....back to Christmas. JD and Melissa surprised Mom and Dad with money from Australia. Enough for them to take with and buy some things they will need almost the day they get there. (Mom can't take her blow dryer with her, and all women know that's a necessity!) That was really nice of them to work out getting them some money. Mom and Dad also bought us all webcams so that we can Skype with them while they are gone.
And those are just the highlights folks!!!!

Brooke in some of the dress up clothes. She sure looks cute in them!
Although she loves dressing up, DaKoda didn't need any dress up for her imaginary play that weekend. She walks around saying, 'I'm Santa, Ho Ho Ho! Here's your candy cane.'
What a glorious Christmas our family had. I am so thankful for everything this Christmas and will surely miss my parents next Christmas.
2 comments:
Wow...it certainly does sound like you guys go all out for Christmas. A trip to Australia sounds wonderful. I had a friend that lived there for several years, but they've since moved back to the states. :( We are saving up to go to Hawaii this year though.
Wow...it certainly does sound like you guys go all out for Christmas. A trip to Australia sounds wonderful. I had a friend that lived there for several years, but they've since moved back to the states. :( We are saving up to go to Hawaii this year though.
Post a Comment