Saturday, August 22, 2009

American Fork Steel Days

I know this was awhile ago, but I am a little behind in blogging. Oh well. It happens! We went to the American Fork carnival with my Mother in law and all the cousins. It was a lot of fun. I loved that most of the rides were in the shade, so it didn't get too hot. The kids decided to ride a roller coaster first. DaKoda had no idea what she was in for.




If you can't tell, she was a little nervous here. At one point we could tell she was crying a little, but by the end of the ride, she was smiling. I think Brooke might have been squishing her a little bit. We should have had DaKoda ride on the inside because the ride did whip them towards the outside. Still, I think they both had fun.
Brooke, DaKoda, and cousin Tiffany. In the space ship behind them is cousins Spencer and Matthew.


The ride actually went pretty high in the air.


DaKoda and Spencer in the back, Brooke and Matthew in the front.




Love Brooke's expression!
They literally ran into the truck in front of them. At least it was at the end of the ride. And no kids even noticed. I thought it was funny that some trucks went faster than others even though they are all ran by the same system.
Riding in the duck.

Brooke on the train.
DaKoda on the train.
DaKoda again. With Tiffany behind her. Somehow I missed cousin Dylan and Aunt Denise and Grandma. I need to pay better attention when I take pictures. I think I may be biased and tend to focus a little too much on my own kids. I really need to change that. After about 2 hours of rides, Grandma bought all of us a snow cone. The kids really liked them. We had a lot of fun.

Brooke's school had done a carnival her last day of school, but we weren't able to make it. After that, Brooke kept everyone that there's a carnival at her school. She didn't understand that it was only for one day and then they took it down. So I was really excited about taking her to her first carnival. She talked about it for days afterward. Thanks Grandma for inviting us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love DaKoda's pigtails. :) Makua would have loved riding on the train.