Thursday, May 28, 2009

Marriage Share

1. When is your "engagement" anniversary: October 9th

2. When is your "marriage" anniversary: December 12, 2003

3. How long have you known your spouse: 7 years

4. How long did you date/court before you were engaged: 3 weeks shy of 2 years.

5. Where did you meet your spouse for the first time: Outside his work, All-A-Dollar!

6. What is your spouse's full name: Derek Wayne Wentz

7. Do you have any children yet: Yes.

8. How many: Two girls.

9. Do you have any house pets: None. But someday we'd like to have a dog.

10. Do you own a house or rent: Rent. Someday we will buy a house, but it's hard to decide where we'd like to live. I'd love to only have to buy a house once or twice in my lifetime. I don't want to have to switch my kids' school. That's why we are staying where we are right now. Brooke will stay in the same preschool with the same teacher for another year. She's done so well getting use to the teacher, I'd hate to go through that again.

11. Do you live in the country or town/city: City. I love having the option of 7 different Wal-Marts to choose from within 24 miles! And they are all SuperCenters. If one doesn't have something I want, I will drive to them all to find it. Yes, I did just that last week. Well 6 out of the 7 anyway. I had to find Brooke's size in the patriotic, Hawaiian flower skirt for their pictures in the post below. I can't imagine living in the country and just being out of luck. Plus, I like being able to drive to the grocery store when I forgot something, which happens a lot.

12. What is one (or more) of your favorite activities together: Watching TV and Movies, Playing games, Going to the park with the kids, and spoiling our kids.

13. Do you have a favorite vacation spot: We love going to St. George with my family. But we also love to go camping.

14. How many siblings (including in-laws): On my side of the family, I have 2 brothers, 2 sisters and 1 sister-in-law. On his side of the family, 2 brothers, 2 sisters, and 1 sister-in-law. Kind of funny that we have the exact same, right? I have 1 niece and 1 nephew. He has 1 niece, and 3 nephews.

15. What church do you attend: I don't regularly go, but I am LDS.

16. Is this the church you were married in: No. We were married in his church, First Baptist of Pleasant Grove.

17. What town is your current address: Spanish Fork.

18. Do you work or stay at home: I have my dream job, a stay at home Mommy.

19. Where did you honeymoon: Orem, UT. Yep, that's right. Just 15 minutes away from our house. We just wanted to be away. It was really fun. We spent a lot of time just in the hotel room anyway, so we figured why pay to go somewhere more extravagant, where we would have wanted to do more sight seeing than spend time with each other. We really just wanted to be away from everyone and be alone. We rented movies in our hotel room. We did actually leave our room though, to do some last minute Christmas shopping!

20: Leave a piece of marriage advice: I love the advice to never go to bed angry, but I haven't always followed it. If I had to share one thing we do follow, it would be to always talk to each other. This drives my family crazy. If we aren't with each other, we are on the phone. Seriously. Sometimes we share way too many details with each other.

No comments: