Monday, February 23, 2009

The 80's

1. How old were you in 1980? Only a whisper of a dream.

2. How old were you in 1989? 6 to 7 years old.


3. Were you a Toys R Us kid? We didn't have one near us, so I only saw commercials. But, I loved to sing the song. Now, there is a Toys R Us within walking distance of my parents house. They are surrounded by commercial property.


4. Did you watch Transformers? Yep. I loved watching anything my brother was watching.


5. Did you see E.T. on the big screen? I don't recall, but I may have. I know I own the DVD though.

6. Did you own a Lite Bright? Ohhh yeah! I loved that thing.


7. Who was your favorite Golden Girl? I actually didn't have a favorite, but I loved watching the show.


8. When someone says, "Who ya gonna call?" Duh, Ghostbusters! Does anyone NOT know that? I loved the cartoon they had.


9. What was your favorite toy? I would have to say my Teddy Ruxpin. I had the big bear that would read stories to you. Drove my sister nuts. She hated having to share a room with me and listening to that every night. My parents still have it kept safely put away. I also had Grubby. I fully intend to let my kids have them one day. Maybe one day soon.....


10. Did you have a Pogo ball? No, and I don't think I ever even played on anyone elses.

11. Did you listen to New Kids on the Block? My two older sisters did, so yeah, I listened too. I don't remember them being hung up about them though.


12. What New Kid did you have a crush on? None.


13. Did you play M.A.S.H.? All the stinkin time. We played mostly on field trips to pass the time on the long bus rides.

14. Did you watch the Care Bears? Heck yeah, and I still do!! I found a bunch of DVDs at Ross for only $5! I think I have almost all of them.


15. Did you have jelly bracelets? My sisters did, and I remember playing with them. But, I don't think I ever had any of my own.


16. Did you have a charm necklace/ and or bracelet? Not that I remember.


17. Did you own a glo-worm? Nope, but my daughter has one now. It still makes me smile.


18. Did you ever own a slap bracelet? Yeah.


19. The Breakfast Club or Sixteen Candles? Breakfast Club all the way!! I still love that movie, and own it on DVD.

20. Did you have a crazy hair style? Same as now, pony tails. Is that crazy?



21. What was your first bike? A big wheel. They were three wheel bikes that were low to the ground. We loved those things. My Dad even attached a flag to it so that people in cars could still see us. Why don't they make those anymore. Maybe they were too dangerous because drivers couldn't see you.

22. Name one thing you still own from your childhood? I can't just name one thing. I already mentioned the Teddy Ruxpin, but I also still have my Polly Pocket collection, my Flintstones city, my barbies, I am sure there are still more at my parents house, but that is all I can think of right now.

23. Did you have a Cabbage Patch Kid? Yeah, I had a few of them, and I am pretty sure all of them are still around too. I even had a dog one when they had their animal line.

24. Did you dress like Madonna? I don't think I even knew who she was at the time.

25. Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake? I would have to say both. But, I think we had a few more Strawberry Shortcake dolls.

26. Did you watch Miami Vice? Nope.


27. Did you own a pair of Jelly shoes? Not that I remember. Maybe.

28. Did you own a Trapper Keeper? Yeah, I got one for my birthday one year and I wrote about it in my journal. We use to call binders 'Trappers'. I never understood why the name changed. I still think of them as Trappers.

29. Atari or Nintendo? We had an Atari. Always wanted a Nintendo. I finally got a Super Nintendo like 2 years after they came out. We never had an original Nintendo. After the Super Nintendo, came Sega, and we basically had most of them after that. We even had a Sega Game Gear. I think my brother has owned every game system since Sega. That's pretty sad Andy!

30. Did you play Pac-Man? I think we had it on our computer, a Comador(sp?) 64.

31. Which was better: Jem and The Holograms or Barbie and The Rockers? I didn't care for either of them. Like I said, I watched most of what my brother was watching. Thunder Cats!!

32. He-Man or She-Ra? We hated He-Man. We called him Pee-Man and the adventures of the toilet bowl. I had a She-Ra doll once, although I never really liked her. So I guess I would have to say She-Ra then?

33. What movie scared you the most? Are you ready for a laugh? I had nightmares about Darth Vader for years. No joke. He was walking up the street to kill me in my sleep.

34. Did you try to dance like Michael Jackson? Just like Madonna, I can't say I knew who Michael was at the time either. We never had MTV. I vaguely remember hearing some of his songs on the radio. I still like the one from Free Willy. The song at the end of the movie.

My baby picture.



My Kindergarten picture.



My Kindergarten Class.

1 comment:

Eric and Jenny said...

I loved this! I had forgotten about so many of those things, I loved Barbie and the Rockers and Rainbow Brite, that was fun!