Thursday, February 26, 2009

25 Spouse Questions





♥ What are your middle names?
Wayne and Nielsen (I took my maiden name as my middle name)

♥ How long have you been together?
Together? 7 years.
Married? 5 years.

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
We were set up, so I guess we met on our first date.

♥ Who asked who out?
Again, we were set up, so neither of us asked. But, Derek did most of the date requests.

♥ Whose siblings do/ did you see the most?
We see my sister JoLyn the most. She is here at least once a week. But, as a whole, we see most of Derek's siblings more often. His family has family dinner at least once a month.

♥ Do you have any children together?
Yep. Two beautiful girls. Brooke and DaKoda

♥ What about pets?
None, but we did have a bunny for a few months named Fred. We had him in a rabbit cage outside until some dogs scared him to death. Literally. His teeth were wrapped around the bars of the cage. Poor Freddie.

♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Probably our miscarriages. Or finances.

♥ Did you go to the same school?
Nope. I went to Northridge High, he went to Pleasant Grove High.

♥ Are you from the same home town?
Nope. I'm from Layton, he's from Pleasant Grove.

♥ Who is the smartest?
I am smarter as far as book smarts are concerned. I got a lot of A's in school. But he is definitely more street smart. He also reacts a lot quicker than I do. I have to think about things.

♥ Who is the most sensitive?
That would have to be me. I am pretty open, he's pretty closed.

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Chilli's, McDonalds with the girls, any fast food basically. Really we go through phases. One year we go to one restaurant until we get tired of it, then the next year, we go somewhere else over and over. It was Mi Rancherito for a long time.

♥ Last vacation you took?
I have to think about this one. We went camping at the beach last September. Full on vacation, I would have to say to Kanab with his ENTIRE family, including extended family. We went for the 4th of July. It was fun.

♥ Who has the craziest exes?
Ha, it would have to be me, because he seriously doesn't have any. I was his first and only girlfriend. I really wouldn't say any of my exes were 'crazy', but since Derek doesn't have ANY, then mine have to fit the bill, right?

♥ Who has the worst temper?
Anyone who knows us, knows the answer to that question. That's all I have to say about that.

♥ Who does the cooking?
75% of the time, it's actually Derek. He is so picky, that I refuse to make anything for him. I got tired of him not really eating something because he didn't like it. He is a wonderful cook and really doesn't mind it. At least he's never complained.

♥ Who is more social?
I would have to say Derek. He can make friends wherever he goes. I have a few long term friends. He is for sure more outgoing.

♥Who is the neat Freak?
We both are. I use to be pretty OCD, and he was a little less about it. Now we are both a little more laid back about it. Kids will do that to you. I drove myself nuts trying to follow the kids around cleaning up after everything they did. Almost to the point that I wasn't allowing them to play with things because they would make a mess. Now I realize that we are happier just playing all day and then I clean a little bit every day. We have a lot of reading....because there is no mess to clean up!

♥ Who is the more stubborn?
Me. He is usually the first to say sorry because I am too stubborn to give in and admit that I was wrong.

♥ Who hogs the bed?
Derek. Growing up, his sheets never got tucked in because he would just end up pulling them out anyway. I usually sleep in one spot all night.

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
Him. I use to be a morning person, but after having kids, I just not. I can't jump up out of bed. I make Derek get the girls and then I take a little bit to get up.

♥ Where was your first date?
Ummm, I really don't remember. I know we went to a restaurant that doesn't exist anymore. I think we may have gone bowling. I really don't know.

♥ Who has the bigger family?
We both have 4 siblings. When we got married, we both only had one sibling who was also married, but my brother had 2 kids, his sister had 3 kids at the time. So when we got married, he beat me by one person. Since then, his sister had one more kid, and his brother got married. Mine has stayed the same.

♥ Do you get flowers often?
No. He knows my opinion on flowers. I would much rather you get me a candy bar for 75 cents than spend $15 on flowers. It's the thought that counts. Either way, I know he thought of me.

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
Always together. We try to spend our time evenly between the families.

♥ Who is more jealous?
We actually aren't jealous people. A little weird I know, but we aren't.

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
5 weeks. Then we were a couple for about 17 months before getting engaged.

♥ Who eats more?
We both eat a lot of junk food, but he can pack away more than I can.

♥ Who does/ did the laundry?
Currently because you have to go outside and downstairs to get to our laundry room, he does it. I was once watching a little boy along with Brooke, when I went to change the laundry. Somehow I got locked out of the house with the two kids inside. Since then, Derek does the laundry. But, I fold and put it all away.

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
I am on it by far more than he is, but whenever I have a problem, he solves it for me.

♥ Who drives when you are together?
He almost always drives. I only drive if he's tired or sick. Which isn't often. But, I do side seat drive. I always point things out to him. I don't understand how he doesn't get in a wreck when I'm not with him. I swear, I save his life at least once every time we're out!

1 comment:

Candice said...

You're lucky that Derek will cook. Adam is picky, but if I don't cook or provide something, he won't eat. Ugh!!!