Monday, January 12, 2009

These Sisters Share Everything!

I swear, if one does it, the other one thinks she has to as well. DaKoda has been admitted to the hospital as well. This morning she drank a bottle but had really bad diarrhea afterwards. When Derek brought her over to the hospital, I called the doctor and went over to have DaKoda to be checked. The doctor wanted her to be put on fluids, per IV as well. It took them forever to put the IV in DaKoda. They tried 8 times before it worked. I guess she really was that dehydrated. They ran a test while she was calming down between attempts, and they said the results were really off. So even though she wasn't showing the signs of being dehydrated, she really was pretty bad. The nurse came in to tell me her test results and said they were going to try putting the IV into her foot, but if it didn't work, they were going to have to put an NG tube in. For those who may not know, an NG tube is the tube they put down your nostril. I really didn't want her to have to go through that. I was afraid that if she has an NG tube that we would have an even harder time getting her to drink anything. DaKoda has continued eating, maybe not a normal diet, but at least it's something. She won't really drink anything at all. She did drink almost a full 4 ounces of apple juice once, but then won't drink anymore. I am afraid she will have a hard time sleeping here tonight.
Update on Brooke: Brooke still refuses to drink anything. She asks for popsicles, then eats about half of one. She has done this 3 times now. But, at least she is getting a little fluid from it. She has been going to the bathroom a little more, but each time isn't very much. She is getting a little restless. She keeps asking to change movies every 15 minutes or so. They got her a coloring book which kept hers and DaKoda's attention for about 10 minutes. We still have over an hour until bed time, so wish me luck. I am beginning to go crazy with DaKoda's crying. It hurts me emotionally and physically.

No comments: