Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

My Dad use to say that when we would arrive home, usually after a long outing. I am really glad that we got to come home last night. The girls still weren't drinking much, but they said that with the IV fluid, they would be fine for at least the next 24 hours. DaKoda still has some horrible diarrhia, but Brooke seems fine. Neither has returned to their full diet, but they are both eating more than they have in the past few days. I even let Brooke go to preschool today. I knew she would be upset if I kept her home. She was sad when I called her teacher Monday to say she wouldn't be there, so I knew she had to go today. Tomorrow we go to parent teacher conferences, so we will see how Brooke has been doing. I am also going to talk her teacher about her imaginary sister, 'Amy Jo'. I am wondering if Brooke feels a little intimidated at school and also if she has many friends. I am trying to not overanalyze her imagination, but I worry way too much. I would feel better if I knew she had more than just one friend. I feel bad for not really having any 'play dates' for her so far, but most of our friends have boys her age. Not that Brooke cares, but they also live quite a ways away, so she doesn't see them very often. Some we haven't seem since July! Hint, Hint, Shiloh!! JK, we still hope to get to see you guys on Saturday, right?
Other than that, I am just hoping that life can settle down just a little bit. No more sickies for a while! I feel like Christmas just breezed right by me. I don't feel like I really celebrated the season the way I would have wanted to.
Derek had to quit his towing job, hopefully for a brief period while we figure some things out. We should know tomorrow morning whether he can go back to work or not. The financial burden has been a little hard. We sure got use to the extra little bit of money. Well, I woulnd't really call it extra, things just haven't been so tight around here. It's already been a week and a half without him working the second job, so we are trying to figure out how we can cope for the next few weeks before he hopefully begins earning money again. I fear Brooke reaction when Derek goes back to work. She has really loved having Derek home every night again. She never even asks if he has to go to work. She just knows he'll be here. I think she worries that if she asks if he's going to work, that she won't get the answer that she wants and that he will leave. She was a little upset this morning when he had to go to work because he stayed at the hospital all day Monday, and then only worked for 2 hours Tuesday morning. And she was asleep for almost one hour of him being gone Tuesday. Brooke is such a Daddies girl that she hates any time he is away. I'm sure I was probably the same way growing up, but sometimes it really makes me feel like she doesn't like me very well. I know that sounds silly, but when your kid asks for someone else all day long, it starts to hurt a little. DaKoda doesn't seem to notice the difference, good thing she's still young! DaKoda will run to me when she is hurt and not ask to see Daddy. I guess you could say that DaKoda is a Mommies girl. I love them both equally, it just makes me feel important when DaKoda asks for Mommy and not Daddy all the time. I loved seeing Brooke's smile tonight when I found a favorite book of hers that she has been looking everywhere for for over 2 weeks. It was behind my chair. I dropped my pajama shirt and when I reached down, I found her "Three Little Pigs" book. She had already been in bed for about a half an hour, but I decided to go show her anyway. I think she was about asleep, but as soon as I opened the door, her eyes shot open. I showed her the book and she said to me, "Oh, Mommy, I am soooo excited!" Her smile melted me heart. She is such a cutie. I gave her a hug and a kiss and told her I would leave the book beside her bed so she could get it in the morning. She said, "Thank you Mommy" in her sweetest little voice and then signed I Love You in sign language. Best way to end the night. I LOVE YOU TOO BROOKE!

1 comment:

Eric and Jenny said...

I'm so glad both girls are home again, must have been awful. What a cute little story about Brooke and her book, that's darling!