Thursday, January 8, 2009

Letters to Santa

I wanted to write down some of our families Christmas traditions. Last year my Mom found these cute fabric envelopes addressed to Santa Claus. They are the cutest things. I wish I had taken a picture of them. She found them at Deseret Book, but again, it was a year ago, so I am not sure if you can still find them. I am sure some of you creative Mom's out there could even make some yourself. I, however, am not creative like that at all. I need all the help I can get.
So, after Thanksgiving was over, Brooke kept asking if we could write her letter to Santa. We kept asking her if she wanted to go visit Santa, but no way was she going. I even offered to sit on his lap for her and let him know what she wanted for Christmas. Brooke wouldn't even go for that. So, I told her it was okay if she just wanted to write him a letter. She told me, "Mommy, I want YOU to write it." HAHAHA I guess that's what I get for offering to sit on Santa's lap for her. (I would have had to help her anyway. She can't exactly write yet! But, I thought it was cute the way she told me off.)
I sat with her one day and we wrote out her letter and then she helped me write DaKoda's. Brooke helped color on the letters, fold them and then put them into the envelopes. Everyday, Brooke asked when Santa was going to come get the letters. After about a week and a half, we took out their letters, wrote them letters from Santa, and then left them a candy in the envelopes. Then we sat the envelopes low down on the tree. The next morning, Brooke told her Dad that the letters "fell"! Derek told her to go look, maybe Santa took their letters, and then left the envelopes there. Boy was she extatic when she found a giant size Symphony chocolate bar and her letter from Santa. She talked about it for days. DaKoda got Mamba's in her envelope. I was hoping to scan in the letters, but havent't done it yet, and now DaKoda is awake from her nap. Maybe I can get to it tonight or this weekend.

3 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

This is such a cute idea, that didn't even occur to me to have my boys write letters to Santa (maybe because every Santa we saw Lance begging to go talk to him, so who needs letters, right?). Really cute though, I love that Santa left them a little treat, so fun! I'm sorry you have been sick, that's makes for a no fun December, I hope you had a good Christmas, in spite of it all.

Bentleys said...

Awesome idea!!! Love the house and I hope you guys get better that sounds awful!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun tradition. Kids definitely make holidays more fun.