Monday, December 8, 2008

1st Trip on Front Runner and Tracks

Over Thanksgiving weekend, we got to ride the Front Runner for the first time! This train is pretty nice. So easy going, not at all like riding Am Trak. I thought Front Runner was as nice as riding in a car. My family went to see my Aunt and cousin in a concert at the Tabernacle. They were requesting kids to be 8 and over, so that meant that someone would have to stay with the girls. My Mom suggested that Derek and I both take the girls to Discovery at the Gateway. I wanted to attend the concert, but when she suggested Discovery, how could I say no? We hadn't been before, but have read about other people having fun there, so I was trilled to get to take the girls. I took way too many pictures, that will have to be in another post in a few days. Christmas is our main concern right now. But, for now, here are some pictures I took on the Front Runner.

Left to Right: Mom, Dad (their backs anyway), my nephew Kyle, Brooke and my sister Krista.

Derek and DaKoda enjoying the ride.
Brooke had so much fun looking out the window. She loved watching everything going by and not having to wear a seat belt!
Not sure about her expression. Maybe deep concentration? Or anger....?
DaKoda loved not being tied down as well. She kept wanting to walk everywhere. The rest of the family were riding upstairs. It was a little busy at the time, so we had to split up.
Hurray, we arrived!
This was our first time riding on Tracks as well. We rode the short 4 blocks with the rest of the family over to Gateway. Then they left for the concert while we played at Discovery. Then we rode Tracks over to Temple Square to meet them. Here's our cute family of 4!
Check that out! Two pictures of me! I know there never seem to be any pictures of me. I usually am the one taking them all. And I can't take my own picture. I don't understand how people do it. Maybe I just have short arms. The pictures always turn out looking really funny. So, finally Derek took some of me!!
Aren't they so cute!
Here's more of the family on the ride home on the Front Runner. My sister in law, Melissa always makes goofy faces! Sorry I didn't end up with any of the rest of the family, oh wait, I guess that just JoJo and Andy. Well, Andy I do have a gorgeous close up of your face when I was trying to take Brooke's picture, but I thought you'd rather not show the world. But you are at least a little bit in Brooke's picture when she was looking outside. Sorry, Jo, I guess you really are the only one left out!
DaKoda was cracking me up on the way home. She had only slept a little that morning and it was already past her bedtime. However she was completely content on playing her 'emergency exit piano'. She seriously kept her fingers on there like she was playing a piano. This went on for almost 20 minutes. I wish I could get that kind of attention out of her at home when I need a break! (Why can't she just watch one episode of anything? No, I don't just sit my kids in front of the TV, but every mom knows that sometimes you just need a break!)
Isn't it cute?

3 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

That is really nice all clean and new. We haven't been on it with living out of state. But WOW compared to the metro out here that is very nice!

Tiff and Chris said...

How neat! I but your little ones loved all of the space. Such a cute picture on the headr of your blog.

Anonymous said...

Ooh...sounds like fun. I enjoy riding TRAX so I'm sure I would like Front Runner. One of my favorite parts of our trip to DC was riding the subway. I also love Discovery. Hands-on stuff is awesome!