Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday JoJo!





We have reached the end of the birthdays!! Well, at least until after Christmas!

Happy Birthday JoJo! JoLyn has been one of my very best friends for quite some time now. We talk almost every day, sometimes for hours at a time. She has always been there for me. Growing up, I am sure I annoyed the crud out of her, but I really looked up to her. I wanted to know everything about her. I remember loving going into her room just to look around. Not really get into her stuff, just look at all her pretty things. I loved it when she involved me with her dates /boyfriends. She would let me come with on dates, or just hang out with her and her boyfriend. I loved being her little sister. And still do! One of my favorite memories was when I broke my nose in Jr. High and JoLyn was the one at home with me during the day. One day she made me homemade Egg McMuffins and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. My parents never made them. I also remember searching with her to find somewhere that solds Slurpies without caffiene in them, since I couldn't have them because of my nose. But we couldn't find any anywhere! Apparently, all slurpies have caffiene! I also have fond memories of her wedding day. Unfortunately, the marriage didn't work out, but I remember being so happy for her. (If you can't tell from the smile on my face in the picture above. I thought she looked so gorgeous that day. I missed her so much after she got married. We had become so close. So when JoLyn asked me to move in with her after High school graduation (because she had recently divorced) I was really excited. I am glad I chose to stay with her for a little while longer than planned because that was when I met Derek.
I love watching JoLyn with my girls. She does such an amazing job with them! Brooke often says she is JoJo's girl. Not mommy or daddies girl, but JoJo's girl. When Brooke basically had colic from all of her ear infections, Jo came over once a week to give me a little break. We also use to have Big Mac Mondays together. (Big Mac's are only 99 cents on Mondays. At least they use to be. I am not sure if they still are.)We really need to start that up again.
A few more things I like to do with JoJo are: watch movies, go shopping, and finding awesome deals! Happy Birthday JoJo! We love you!

1 comment:

Eric and Jenny said...

Everybody needs a great sister like that, they are the best! Sweet post, I also loved Brooke's imaginary sister, so funny what kids come up with, she's darling!