Saturday, November 15, 2008

Brooke's 44 month "Newsies"











Brooke is 3 years, 8 months old.


1. Brooke has actually been into the color pink lately. She usually picks blue things, but I recently bought her this book, Pinkalicious, by Victoria and Elizabeth Kann. It's about a girl who eats too many pink cupcakes and turns pink! I swear Brooke made me read it for a week straight. During that time, whenver she had the choice, she picked pink.
2. Brooke has been having a hard time without Derek here every night to tuck her in. So I started prompting her with sweet things to dream about. Her favorite is butterflys. I will ask her what color they will be and she picks pink half the time, the other half she picks a random color. Then she decides how many there will be and what window she will see them out of. Really seems to give her something to look forward to instead of dwelling on the fact that Derek isn't here.
3. Here is the biggie for the month!!! Brooke has an imaginary sister! That's right, not an imaginary friend, but a sister. As is DaKoda isn't enough of a sister! Her name is Amy Jo and she is 4 years old. One day while I was thinking about her 'sister', I realized that if I would have had the baby that I miscarried, the baby would have turned 4 years old this month. Weird, huh? She hasn't gotten huge into the fantasy, not as much as I have seen other kids be. Brooke refers to her every once in a while. Amy Jo has to ride in the car with us and she sits by Brooke when they watch TV. I am not sure where this came from, but I am not concerned or worried about it. I know of plenty of kids who suddenly outgrew it. So for the time being, we laugh about it in private, but we are trying to not really incourage it either. We ask her questions, but only when Brooke brings her up. I don't want to remind her all the time and get her to demand that we start catering to 'Amy Jo'.

No comments: