Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Brooke's First Barbie Doll

A few weeks ago on a Friday morning, Brooke asked if we were going anywhere. I told her no and she said, "But I want to see my Papa." I asked her which Papa and she told me "Papa, and Krista". Which meant my Dad (and sister Krista). I figured I didn't have anything to do that day, why not drive to my parents house for the day. We had lots of fun with them. Then that evening we went to the mall to get some dinner. They had some celebration thing going on with Radio Disney. There were these teenagers/young adults (you never can tell these days) that were dancing around with kids to High School Musical songs. After we had eaten dinner, and Brooke had been watching the dancers the entire time, I asked her if she wanted to go dance with them. (We usually ask her these types of questions all the time, but she usually says no. So I was assuming she would say no.) She said YES! and jumped right up and ran over to them. They were having contests where kids were winning prizes. The prizes were all Disney merchandise of course! She played this game where all the kids were holding hands in a circle and they had a hula hoop that they the kids had to pass through. If the music stopped while the hula hoop was on you, you were out. There were about 10-12 kids at the beginning of the game. The teens in charge had to help Brooke every time the hula hoop came to her. She ended up winning the game and getting a Barbie doll. She was so excited. She kept dancing and DaKoda even went out and joined her for a while. I finally asked my brother to go out and get my camera out of the car. So unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of her playing the game. But I got some cute shots of the girls out dancing. The teens loved the girls and kept dancing with them. I couldn't believe how outgoing Brooke was. She is usually such a shy and quiet girl around people she doesn't know. I figure it was only because she wanted to win a toy. Either way, I was so proud of her that night.

I love this shot of DaKoda.
The girls watching the teens to know what to do.
I wish I would have taken a video of this. They kept shaking their little tooshies. It was so cute!
This guy kept making faces at DaKoda and she thought it was hilarious. This seriously went on for like 5 minutes. It was fun to watch.
The fabulous 1st Barbie!!! I didn't know Brooke would be so excited to get a Barbie.

No comments: