2. DaKoda is quite accident prone. The two lower pictures from above were taken a few days after Halloween. About a half hour before we were going to go out trick or treating, DaKoda slammed her face into the coffee table. She was looking at her shoes, and then bent over and slammed her face. Her cheek went immediately purple and the side of her nose was bleeding. We were really worried about her having a concussion, so we had to constantly check her pupils while we were out that night. One of my first reactions when she did it was 'Oh no! There goes trick or treating. We are going to have to spend the night in the ER.' Thankfully she was just fine with a little bruising. What a night to have such a visible bruise. Going around house to house, I swear I felt like telling everyone what had happened so they didn't think I was hurting her. Can you imagine?
3. DaKoda knows where we keep our candy and asks for some at least 4 times a day.
4. DaKoda has to have a stuff animal to go to sleep with. A lot of times, she actually has two. Sometimes she will gather as many animals as she can find when we are getting ready to go somewhere. Thank heavens she doesn't have a favorite (like Brooke's stinky bear) and will take whatever animal we give her.
5. DaKoda has been mean to Brooke lately. If they are watching out the back door for Derek to come home, DaKoda will shove Brooke away from the door. Same thing if Brooke is standing in front of me, or siting on my lap. Poor Brooke just takes it.
6. DaKoda has gotten better with her routine about naptime. I have had the hardest time getting her into a routine. For so long she would only nap for 10-20 minutes at a time. Really started wearing on me. For the last few weeks or so, she has taken about a 1 hour morning nap and then a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon. Sometimes she still tries to skip her morning nap, but I guess here in a few months we will be giving that one up anyway.
7. DaKoda's hair has only been growing on the sides. The front and back stay the same. I am really thinking about getting her hair cut so she doesn't look like she has wings any more.
8. DaKoda still has yet to have severe stranger anxiety. She acts up every once and a while, but she has been so much more comfortable than Brooke ever was. Knock on wood!
* I know this is a few days late, but I wanted to wait until I had taken her to her check up. Here are her new stats:
Weight: 21.11 lbs 23.65 %
Height: 30" 37.02%
Head 19.4 99.52%
Circumference:
What can I say, my kids take after the Wentz gene and have really big heads with little bodies!!
3 comments:
Her little accident sounds pretty painful. Makua knocks into stuff every once in a while, but he hasn't had any traumatizing incidents.
Makua used to take 2 short naps during the day, but then I cut out the morning nap. He goes down after lunch and sleeps for 2, sometimes 3 hours. It's a lifesaver.
I just don't think I have ever seen such pretty eyes on a little girl, I love those pictures, she is so cute! I think you are lucky she takes two naps still, my boys both stopped taking two when they turned one. Our kids sound so similar Luke has no stranger anxiety either and Lance has way too much!
She is just too cute!
Post a Comment