Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Carving 2008

Last night we decided to carve our pumpkins. We had a lot of fun. We couldn't get Brooke to try any pumpkin, but DaKoda kept eating little bites. Then we baked the seeds and again, Brooke wouldn't eat them. DaKoda tried a few, but decided she didn't like them much either. We let them run around the kitchen naked so that they wouldn't ruin their clothes. I was worried Brooke wouldn't get dressed again, but she did.





I was trying to get a good picture of DaKoda eating the pumpkin, but she was too fast for me every time. She has a cheek full of pumpkin in these pictures.
Derek feeding more pumpkin to her. I promise to take some pictures of the final pumpkins later today and post them. All 4 pumpkins turned out really cute!

6 comments:

Tawni said...

Fun! I love carving pumpkins. Derek and I are FINALLY going to carve ours this Sunday :)

Bentleys said...

Such cute girls! Looks like you had a blast!! Love her eating it!

Jamie said...

Your such a good mom Brea!!!

Eric and Jenny said...

Great fall activities, you are a great mom. I refuse to carve pumpkins we paint ours because the last two years I have ended up carving four pumpkins alone, no fun. Nobody ever sticks around long enough to actually help me. I have always wanted to bake pumpkin seeds, what temp do you do it at and for long?

Thiago & Teri said...

I am gettin myself ready for pumpkin carving too..I love it but it sure is messy. Looks like you guys had fun though, no clothes for the kiddos is definitely the way to go. Unless you want them to end up orange.

Aleese and Scott said...

I love carving pumpkins and it looks like your girls had a blast! They are too cute!