Friday, October 31, 2008

Oh no! Not tonsillitis again!

Tuesday night DaKoda wouldn't eat her dinner. She was feeling a little warm, and kept putting her hand in her mouth. We just figured maybe she was teething. Wednesday morning she woke up with a fever. I am not sure what her temperature was because our thermometer just keeps reading 96 degrees. Yeah, I don't think so. She wasn't really lethargic, but she just wasn't herself. I called Derek and work and told him I felt like it was something other than her teeth. So we decided I needed to take her to the doctor, just to make sure. I had to wait until Brooke got home from school before taking her.

Derek's Mom called about an hour before I was going to take her to the doctor. Derek's 12 year old sister, Denise was sick. They had just gotten back from the doctor who diagnosed her with tonsillitis and a sinus infection. Poor girl, she hardly ever gets sick. So is was a good thing I had already called the doctor for an appointment. Talk about Mother's intuition, right?

DaKoda did have a low fever of 99.2 degrees. I couldn't get it to go down any lower than that all day. So the doctor showed me her throat and is was just barely starting to get red and had one spot of infection already. He did a swab which ended up being bloody, but turned out it's viral again, just like in July. We had to put her in the hospital in July because she also had a stomach virus which gave her horrible diarrhea. So she got pretty dehydrated. The doctor feels like this time won't be so bad, but he sad he knows I will watch her and bring her back if there are any problems.

Before I took her to the doctor, I had given Brooke some Skittles. DaKoda tried to eat a few, but she would just suck on them and then spit them out because she didn't want to swallow them. Her poor pants look awful, but she sure made a colorful rainbow!





1 comment:

Aleese and Scott said...

Poor little thing! You know it is bad when they won't eat candy. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse!