Thursday, October 23, 2008

ID ten T error

Another fun email from my Uncle Del. I love this one because this is a running family joke. We also shout out crazy words to each other. My sister once had a student who thought 'spark plug' was really funny. (That's where I got my email address from. I love Mickey Mouse, and our big family joke is 'spark plug'. So my email address is mickeyssparkplug@yahoo.com I know, I guess it's one of those jokes you have to be there for right? Hey Krista - Peanut Butter! See, it's fun! Some words are just funny. We also love to scare one another and shout 'Kawasaki'!!! Don't know why saying 'Kawasaki' makes it so much more funny, but it does.

Well, before I bore you with our silliness, here's the email:

my computer troubles

I was having trouble with my computer. So I called Richard, the 11 year old next door whose bedroom looks like Mission Control, and asked him to come over.

Richard clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.

As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong?

He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'

I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, 'An, ID
ten T error? What's that? In case I need to fix it again.'

Richard grinned. 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error
before?''

No,' I replied.

'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.'

So I wrote down: I D 1 0 T

I used to like the little bugger.

1 comment:

Aleese and Scott said...

That is too funny! Also I love Dakodas happy socks, I totally agree! When I was young my mom would buy us fun socks and they do make you happy.