Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Jesse! and Trick or Treating on Main Street

Sunday was Derek's brother, Jesse's birthday. We celebrated on Saturday so most of the family could be there. Before we went to the birthday party, we did trick or treating down Main Street here in Spanish Fork. It was a lot of fun and the girls got some cool stuff. One insurance company gave us stickers to fill out with the kids information and then stick it to the bottom of their car seat. That way if we were to get into a car accident and heaven forbid, something happened to us or we were unconscious, they would know who the child is and who to contact. I thought it was a cool idea. Then the scrapbook store gave out sheets of stickers (which Brooke loves). The Hostess store gave out two packs of Twinkies (which Brooke also loved!). Then One Man Band gave out bags of popcorn. We had a lot of fun and it only took us an hour to get bunches of candy! Here's the girls picture before we started out. DaKoda wouldn't really look at me because she was too excited to get going.


Jesse loves to play with all the kids. Brooke and DaKoda sure have a lot of fun with him. Brooke ended up spending the night at Grandma's after the party. And I hear she got Uncle Jesse to watch an hour and a half of Spongebob. Such a sweet uncle! He also spoiled Brooke with Swedish Fish. She wouldn't really eat them before, but now she is hooked on them.


Jesse with his birthday cake. I started taking pictures and then Derek's Mom got out her camera and took a few. Jesse got all mad and couldn't figure out why we were taking pictures. Can you tell, he hates having his picture taken? I usually have to sneak and snap the few pictures I do have of him. Which means, he isn't smiling in most of them. I really like the few I took at Jumpin' Jacks back in March. These two pictures below are some of my favorites:



Isn't this picture so sweet?
We got Jesse an NFL Chargers garbage can for his birthday. So he shoved it on Brooke's head. We always tease Brooke and say we are going to throw her in the garbage to which she screams her head off. But she didn't mind Jesse putting the garbage can on her head. Go figure.


Here's DaKoda taking off with one of the empty birthday bags. She has been doing this a lot lately. She will take a bag or a purse or play keys and wave good bye, blow kisses and then leave the room. I love that she is already playing pretend.

1 comment:

Eric and Jenny said...

You guys have had a fun last couple of days! I love the trick or treating on Main Street, what a fun place to live, more towns should do that kind of thing. I hope poor DaKoda gets feeling better soon.