Friday, October 10, 2008

The BIG news!

Mothers Cookies Pictures, Images and Photos

Mothers Cookies Pictures, Images and Photos

circus animal cookie Pictures, Images and Photos

Have you heard the big news? Darn this plummeting economy. Last Monday Mother's Cookies filed for bankruptcy. They told workers Friday, that operations would cease and cookies would no longer be made as of Monday. The company cited rising prices for raw materials and fuel as the reason for the company filing for bankruptcy. However the efforts didn't cover their loses, hence the stopping of production. Many people are suddenly out of jobs and have no where to turn. This company has been around since 1914. Almost a century old company out of business just like that. If it can happen to them, it can happen to almost anyone. This economy is doing some severe damage to everyone. We will all end up suffering. I am really sad that my delicious Circus Animal cookies will no longer be available. Someone recommended hurrying to go buy some and freezing them. My parents bought us a stand alone freezer a year ago and we keep it stocked with meat (that I buy and stock up on when it's on sale). The freezer is usually almost full. I just can't justify stocking it with cookies! Anyone else saddened by this news? What company is next?
To read more about Mother's Cookies downfall, click here.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Candice said...

Ugh, I just bought some of those the other day! How depressing is that?!?!


Anyway, about the doctor...I have an insulin resistance so I'm on Metformin, I'm on a thyroid pill, and I'm on a vitamin d prescription strength. He'll test your blood, so I'm guessing maybe he wouldn't put you on all of that, but yeah.

I hope he does take your insurance, if not I hope you can find something to help you, I know it's awful just going through life feeling so tired all of the time.

Jamie said...

This is none of my business but I was diagnosed with something similar like that called Syndrome X. Hope you figure out whats going on!

Tiff and Chris said...

Bummer! I really love these cookies...poor grandmas cookies.