Well today I was browsing posts and found someone with a cow costume for an 18 month old. I had found these cute cow hat, scarf and mittens for Brooke a few weeks ago at Ross and we had joked that with her cow pants that I had found two years ago at DI, she would make an adorable cow for Halloween. But what would I have DaKoda dress as. We talked about her being a farmer, but could not find a flannel shirt anywhere. Plus, there were no cow costumes for a small child anywhere. At least not in my price rang.
I did buy her a ROO costume, as I mentioned in her "Newsies" post. Brooke can still fit into the Tigger costume she wore last year. So now I am torn. I don't know what costumes to have them wear. I didn't spend much on Brooke's cow items, and DaKoda's outfit was FREE, so I feel like at least they can play dress up with them if we don't wear them for Halloween.
I decided tonight to dress them up in the cow costumes to see how they looked together. I will try to put them in the Winnie the Pooh costumes soon and compare. But for now, here are the cute cows!
P.S. DaKoda's cow on her belly 'MOO's when you push it. Toooo cute!
Aren't they so sweet together? This was the best shot I got of them. I love how Brooke was getting DaKoda to laugh.
The scarf is so cute. The cows 'arms' are in a circle, so you push the 'feet' through to hold the scarf in place. Plus, the material is SOOO soft and cozy. I want a scarf that soft and cozy in MY size.
Brooke posing! She's such a ham! But it does show off the cute mittens.
Oh and by the way, yes that is a gigantic bruise on DaKoda's cheek. After dinner she was playing with Daddy and then walked away from him, lost her balance and fell right on the corner of the coffee table! Poor girl. She didn't cry long at all for how fast it swelled up. It instantly went purple. Derek thinks she is going to look worse tomorrow. Great when we have four birthdays we are celebrating tomorrow. We are spending the morning and afternoon with my family to celebrate my brother JD's birthday which was today, his son (my nephew) Kyle's birthday which is next Friday the 17th, and also JD's foster son's (which we have pretty much adopted into the family) birthday which is the Friday after Kyle's the 24th. Then at 5 pm, we are going to Derek's sister's house where we are celebrating Derek's nephew, Matthew, whose birthday is tomorrow the 11th. What a month, eh? Plus we also have Derek's brother, Jesse's birthday on the 26th of this month. Between Derek and my family, we have a total of 10 birthdays over the next 5 weeks!!! Get ready for some birthday posts!
5 comments:
oh those are too cute!! I love freecycle too. When Hannah was a baby I wanted her to be piglet but couldn't find a costume. Then the next year when she was too big for one, I found it! Just my luck. The ex I was talking about I believe is related to you, Logan Nielsen. LoL Have you heard that story before is that why you were like, wait a minute this sounds familiar? lol
That is so cute I love the cow costumes! What a cool thing to be able to donate things you don't need.
It's hard to imagine beating those costumes, they look so darling. And I am definitely sad about Mother's cookies while I was reading my first thought was I should hurry and go buy some before there gone. If I were you I would definitely stock some in my freezer, I don't think that's weird at all!
Way cute costumes and extra nice since you didn't spend much money on them. The cows are super cute, but as you pointed out, you might as well get your money's worth out of the Pooh costumes.
So cute! And so sad about Mother's Cookies. I love the circus animals.
Post a Comment