Friday, October 10, 2008

DaKoda's 14 month "Newsies"



1. DaKoda now says 'Eat' and almost points to her mouth.
2. DaKoda will point to her tummy, and eyes when you ask her where they are. When you ask where her nose is, she sniffs. Brooke use to do the same thing. I think it's really funny. We are currently working on ears and hair.
3. DaKoda is still not interested in TV, although whenever Brooke watched Spongebob, DaKoda will say 'pon ba'. It is really cute to hear her trying to say it.
4. DaKoda has the same color hair as Brooke. Although it took until Brooke was 2 years old for her hair color to stop changing. Brooke had really dark brown hair, then light brown, then red, almost auburn hair, and then strawberry blonde. Now I would call their hair color light brown with natural blonde highlights. One lady stopped me and commented on Brooke's hair. She said she would call it 'peach color'. Ummm, okay, I guess. Interesting way of looking at it.
5. DaKoda will often kick her Ocean Wonders crib toy that plays music while she is sleeping.
6. DaKoda will not eat her food if I give her anything different than what I am eating. Drives me crazy. I never get to eat all my food because she always begs.
7. DaKoda loves to talk on play cell phones. Well, she loves real ones better, but play ones will do. Whenever I let her talk on the phone to someone, she gets really upset when I take the phone back.
8. DaKoda has been driving us completely nuts lately with her curiousity. If we walk out of the living room and she is still in there, she will walk behind my chair and grab the phones, remote, or anything else that is one my side table. I am so worried one of these days she is actually going to call someone.
9. DaKoda is just like Brooke.... they both have no waist! I can never get their pants to stay up. Why do they not make belts for babies??? A lot of the pants she can wear that stay up are 6-9 months. But then they are almost high waters. Shirts fit fantastic though.
10. DaKoda is probably going to be ROO from Winnie the Pooh for Halloween. Every year so far the girls have been Winnie the Pooh characters. But while I was shopping at Ross one day, I found all these Cow things for Brooke. I like the girls to coordinate because I know in just a year or two that I will no longer have any say in what they dress up as. So I may have DaKoda dress up as something to go along with a cow.
11. DaKoda loves to put on Mommy and Daddy's clothes. If she finds a shirt of ours, she will bring it to me and have me put it on her.

2 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Have you looked at Children's Place for kids belts that's were I get my boys belts but then they are boys. I have never looked for a girl. DaKoda will be so cute as Roo, I love that idea. I always like to dress my boys the same as well that's the fun of having two so close together that our both boys or girls. Lance is Buzz this year and Luke is being Woody. I am so sorry about your medical problems, I hope you get an answer soon, how frustrating...

Anonymous said...

Makua loves cell phones too. Actually, he gravitates towards anything electronic. He also has issues with his pants. He's super skinny and doesn't have a butt to hold them up. He's always tripping over them.