Since I was tagged twice for this tag, I figured I better do it. I did do this tag previously, (edited- and I did it here too- click to read those posts) but my public demands another response. Totally kidding! Anywho, both Andrea and Tawni tagged me. Here goes....
The Rules:
Link the Person who Tagged you.
Mention rules on your blog.
Tell about 6 quirks of yours.
Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same.
I thought since there has been a lot of talk about blogging only being a happy thing, I thought I would do this as quirky things that bother me.
1. I can not STAND it when I hear people chewing their food. I really makes me want to gag. I have a hard time trying to think of a polite way to ask them to stop, so I often just won't say anything. I am worried it will hurt their feelings, but if it were me, I would want to know. But it can be hard to tell someone you don't know very well or telling someone you know who can be a little sensitive. I have been trying so hard to teach Brooke to not chew with her mouth open, but it's hard to explain to a three year old.
2. I hate it when people do not have the common sense to monitor what they say around my kids. Not just swearing (which we do occasionaly, but are trying to stop. But I feel they are the minor swear words. Yes, I feel there is diference. Do not say the F word, or take the Lord's name in vain around my kids), but also things that a three year old just shouldn't hear. I now understand why we couldn't say 'pissed' while we were growing up. My Mom wouldn't allow it. But I totally understand why now. It just sounds so bad when your three year old says, "That pisses me off, Mom." Ouch! Trying to change that one too. But when I say monitor what you say, I'm more talking about things like sex, drugs, violence, etc. Things you wouldn't let them watch on TV, shouldn't be said around them.
3. I often get really upset when others don't show me the same respect I have shown them. It gets me frustrated. Then after a while I realize that the world was not raised the way I was. Respect was never a big issue growing up. We just learned by my parents actions. They were/are great examples of showing respect.
4. One of the biggest things that drives me crazy is taking something without asking. Drives me nuts! I feel like I can be one of the most giving people, just ask me for it. If you need something, food/ medicine/ help/ anything, and I have some/ can help/ am available, I am at your beck and call. Promise. I feel like this is also because of the way we were raised. We were often involved in some type of charitble service. I spent many hours helping others and getting nothing in return. When I was little I remember helping to clean this elderly lady's house in our ward. Man did that house stink! But we came back week after week to help do her dishes, vacuum, dust, etc. Just ask me if you need something. Don't just assume I'm okay with it. (I will be okay with it, but I do need to know. Like if you happen to need all my medicine, let me know you needed it, so I can go buy more for when I need it.)
5. I hate being the one who is mostly in charge of the bills in this house. But I know that if I left it up to Derek, he would most likely forget. I am not trying to be mean to him, he will even admit it. He thinks he has short term memory loss from falling off a damn. True story. Darn boy scouts. He very well could have permament damage, but it does drives me crazy. I guess I just feel like it should be the husbands responsibilty because my Dad always paid the bills. Guess I'm old fashioned. But if I want us to live without getting these shut off, I think I'd better continue paying those bills.
6. I hate it when parents don't change their kids' dirty or wet diapers. I was actually critized by a parent who's child I was babysitting for practically nothing. They said I used too many diapers. Well, when your child is wet or stinky, I am going to change them the minute I find it. I can't wait. It drives me crazy. Would you want to have to sit in that kind of crap? And parents wonder why their kids get diaper rash so often. I'm not saying that my kids don't get diaper rash, it's just not as often as I hear other parents complain that their child has it. No, I'm not saying I am a perfect parent either. I make mistakes. Just please change your child's diaper when they have soiled them. Kind of goes along with the golden rule - 'Do unto others as you would have them to unto you.' Remember, these kids could have to change your diapers one day!
I am tagging anyone who feels up to doing this tag!
3 comments:
Thanks for being a good sport and doing it twice! :D I have a lot of those same annoying quirks. I can't stand hearing people chew either. It's amazing how a lot of people aren't taught to treat others with respect. I'm lucky to have parents who exemplified that as well! Taking things without asking, (AUGH!) it is so rude! I think it goes hand-in-hand with the respect thing also. It shows respect to ask before you take anything, for goodness sake! And diapers...amen!
That was fun to read...I am with you on the paying bills thing. I do ours too, I am afraid if Thiago did our financing, well lets just say it would be scary. Some things are better left with us girls, if you ask me.
This was such a cute idea to do this tag this way. It's so fun hearing peoples pet peeves. I pay the bills too, and it drives me nuts as well. Though I don't think Eric would do a very good job either, so what do you do. Just pay them yourself I guess. Sorry I just read Teri's comment and realized it is similar to mine, sometimes we think too much alike!
Post a Comment