Okay, so I have been having a hard time coming up with enough newsies, so I am just going to list a FEW things. Probably just whatever I can come up with at the time.
1. DaKoda has broken through 4 molars!! Seriously can this kid STOP teething sometime soon? I swear it feels like next week she could start losing some of her baby teeth and next month maybe she'll start pulling in adult teeth. Okay, maybe not that dramatic, but she does not handle teething very well, and it really takes its toll on me. One of the bottom molars is already half way up. The top two, you can see almost the entire surface. The other bottom one just poked one point through last night. Everyone keeps telling me that she'll just get done faster, but really.... when does teething stop? How many more teeth can she pull in that tiny mouth? This makes 12 total teeth. I looked at a teething chart and it says the average age for molars is 13-18 months. She started pulling in these molars right before her birthday! Okay, enough complaining.
2. DaKoda will not eat baby food any more. She has to eat what we are eating. So now I have a cupboard with about $20 of baby food. Maybe I can find someone who could use it before it goes bad. She is still not afraid to eat anything. She will even eat a pickle. She loves anything she can feed herself. She begs for chocolate Teddy Grams.
3. DaKoda still wants to do everything Brooke is doing. If Brooke is sitting on my lap, DaKoda has to sit on my lap. Not because she is jealous, she just wants to do what Brooke is doing. She loves to climb into Daddy's video rocker and snuggle with Brooke while watching Signing Time. (For those who may not know, Signing Time video's are the best thing to use if you are trying to teach your kid to sign. Worked wonders with Brooke when she wouldn't talk because of her speech delay.
4. Which brings up another newsie, DaKoda will sign 'more'. She has to be prompted to do it, but I have noticed the grunting and pointing diminish a degree. I have gotten her to sign 'milk' before, but now she can say 'ba ba' so I figure why discourage her from talking when we had to try so hard to encourage Brooke to use her words.
5. DaKoda will say 'dah dah' and pat. Patting your leg is the sign for dog, but DaKoda will pat anything. Her chest, the table, whatever is closest to her.
6. I am surprised at how little interest DaKoda has in the TV. Even if I turn on Signing Time for them, she will usually watch for less ten minutes, gets bored and wanders off. I can get her to watch a little longer if Brooke is interested in it as well. At this age, Brooke would watch The Price Is Right. I think because of it's pretty flashing colors. But I don't really watch it not because I just get annoyed with the way Drew Carey gives the rules of some of the games. I swear if people didn't have the rules memorized from Bob Barker, they would seriously sue the show because of Drew's poor explanations. Anyways, I am a little distractable tonight, has anyone noticed? Brooke also used to watch some of the Baby Einsteins as well. I have only tried a few times with DaKoda, but it's just because I don't think she is interested. Not that I am saying that TV is something I think my kids need to be addicted to, but I am sure that most mothers out there will agree that sometimes when you just need 10 minutes to get something done, or take a break, the TV can literally be a life saver.
7. DaKoda finally has enough hair for me to put it up. I bought some little elastics and was so excited to have enough hair that they stayed in! I forgot however to take a picture. I will take one the next time I do her hair.
Well, that's about all I can think of for now. I am surprised I got 7. I wasn't sure there were that many this month. It sure seemed uneventful.
1 comment:
Makua has 4 teeth and that's it. He's cutting a few more, but I think it will be FOREVER before I see any molars.
Post a Comment