Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Brooke's First Day of Preschool!

Today was Brooke's first day of preschool. I am shocked and amazed at how smooth the day went. Brooke is usually a very shy and timid little girl. She will only say hi to someone she has seen plenty of times. If it's someone new, she will say "no" when I tell her to say hi. She has very rarely been left with any babysitter, all of whom have ever only been family members. So I was afraid we were going to have a melt down on the steps of the school bus. But, Brooke just has to surprise me. She was so stinkin' excited about getting to ride the bus to school that she walked up to the bus assistant, grabbed her hand and jumped right on the bus!

Here's Brooke's cute little posing for her soon to become annual back to school photo.
Waiting oh so patiently for the bus. She would not put bear down until the bus came around the corner. I had told her she couldn't take him to school with her, but she had to hold him until the bus came.

Wow. I have never looked at that screen door so closely before. Guess one of these days I really should clean that off. What can I say, we rent.
Brooke just before she jumped on the bus.
They invited me on the bus to come see her cute little seat. I was actually surprised that I hadn't even thought about if they would have car seats or not. Good thing they do! Brooke was in the same seat when she came home and was waving happily when she saw me.
Bye Brooke!

When Brooke got home, she grabbed bear off the chair and said, "See, I told you I would be back!" Cute, right? Brooke was happy about the whole day. She said they got a treat of crackers and a drink of water. They read a story then went outside and she saw a spider! The only thing she was mad about was that the bus didn't take her to the other school to see Dallin (her old speech therapist). She really liked Dallin and misses working with him. He did the best job out of anyone who has worked with her. Brooke is almost to average level which I think she could be with just a little more work. I am so happy about her being able to get to go to preschool. She really needs the socialization and she seems so be happy about it too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bus with car seats? Pretty sweet! That's awesome she had fun. New things can be pretty traumatizing for little kids.

Catmull's said...

That's so cute that she just ran off and hopped on the bus. They get so big so fast. And you didn't cry when she left either? I'm proud of you! :)