Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Derek's second job update/ My Birthday!

I have been asked to give an update about Derek's second job. We did finally talk about how frustrated I was getting about him working and not making any money. We decided that we would give it two more weeks. If he hadn't averaged at least 8 dollars an hour for the two weeks, he was going to have to find a job elsewhere. Well, the end of the two weeks went by and he averaged at least $8 almost every night. One night he even made over a hundred dollars. So for the time being, we have decided to stick it out. It has progressively gotten better. There are still nights where he only makes $30, but then he usually evens it out by having a really good night later in the week. One day at a time, right?

Today was my birthday. I had really great phone calls from family and friends all day long. My visiting teacher even stopped by with a bar from Scentsy. (Seriously favorite new item. I love their products.) Derek and the girls took me out for Chilli's and it was totally delicious. I love their baked potato soup and their chocolate molten cake is to die for! Last weekend while we were in Layton for Cara's daughter's first birthday party, my parents threw me a little party. They had already given me a treadmill a while back (because we had the means to get it home that visit) so I really didn't expect much. They completely surprised me with Adobe photoshop!!! I was almost gasping for air. I have talked for so long about how much I wanted it. I was upset that Derek and I (well, mostly me. If it comes to me getting something or the kids, in a millisecond I will give up on whatever it was that I wanted. Annoys the heck out of Derek) had talked ourselves out of getting it back in February when we had plenty of money from our taxes. I felt a little overwhelmed with having recently purchased our very first computer. We had a computer before, that my parents had purchased used. All I had ever known how to do was turn it on and get on the internet. So this was my first encounter with the ins and outs of my computer. I thought that getting to know Adobe at the same time would be too much for me. After about a month, I regretted that decision. I did not think I would get used to my computer so quickly. I have never been computer savvy. I feel a little overwhelmed thinking about setting the program up, but I fully intend to put my fears aside and start enjoying editing and digital scrapbooking. My parents also had strawberry shortcake which is one of my favorites. Weird because I normally do not like strawberries at all. Even strawberry flavored things. But man, I sure love my mom's strawberry shortcake. Thanks Mom and Dad for the great birthday presents and wonderful party. Thanks as well to Derek for making me feel like I was on top of the world today, and for taking me out for the yummy dinner. Am I really this old? I swear I feel like I'm still 19, or maybe it's just that strangers think I am that young. When I was 19 and just started dating Derek, his mom thought I was 14. Promise, you can even ask her. Do I really look that young? I know someday I will look back on this and laugh. Most women WANT to look younger, right? Me, I actually don't really care. I know I can always prove it with my drivers license. And like the saying goes, 'Those who care, don't matter. Those who matter, don't care.' One of my favorite quotes.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Glad to hear it was a fun one!

Jamie said...

hey happy birthday!! IF you and your friend want to come over sometime next week to take pictures that would be great with me!! How do you change your text for your blog?!

Bentleys said...

Happy birthday and you will LOVE photoshop its so much fun!!

Tawni said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a nice, fun, long celebration! I agree, Photoshop is the best!

Candice said...

Sounds like you had a nice birthday!!!


And...I give you letter " M"

Annie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (yesterday)!!! Way to be...born! :D

Eric and Jenny said...

Happy birthday! What a great present from your parents, I bet you are loving it. I agree I am so awful at working computers too, I hate not having Eric around to fix all of my mistakes. I hope you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! You totally scored in the gift department.

Thiago & Teri said...

Happy, happy B-day to you!!! Hope you had a fabulous day, sounds like you did.