My friend Jamie tagged me, so here goes:
1. What month and year were you married? December 2003
2. How did he ask you? Funny thing, he didn't. And no, I didn't ask him. It was just sort of a discussion. "Maybe we should get married." That's about how it happened. But, that's us.
3. Where did you honeymoon? Orem, Ut at the LaQuinta Inn. We had lots of fun just doing whatever we wanted, did some Christmas shopping and watched a movie (Matchstick Men) in our room which was still out in theaters. (I like it when hotel rooms offer new movies. Cheaper than going to the actual theater... and no noisy people!)
4. Can you still fit your dress? I am sure I can't, but I haven't tried. Maybe I'll try once I start losing more baby weight.
5. What was the worst gift you got? We mostly received money, so I can't say there was a worst.
6. What flavor was your wedding cake? I wanted Strawberry Shortcake, but chose Cheesecake with raspberry topping instead. It was really yummy.
7. Were you a bridezilla? I don't think so, but maybe you'd need to ask me family that.
8. What's one thing you would change about your wedding? Maybe to actually have had a reception.
9. Do you still look at your wedding pictures? Is there anyone who doesn't??? We have only watched our video like 2 or 3 times though.
10. What colors did you use? Red and white, and a little pink.
11. Where did you tie the knot? Pleasant Grove First Baptist Church.
12. What's one funny thing that happened that day? Derek broke one of our champagne flutes for the Martinelli's we were going to drink that night in our hotel room on the way up to our room, so he had to drive to Wal-Mart to buy another set. We look back now and think, why didn't we just drink out of the same glass? Funny newlyweds!
13. How many showers did you have? None. Sad, right? Oh well! I did have a bachelorete party though. It was great. A co-worker of mine who had recently been promoted to a supervisor came and "stripped" down to his goofy undies. It was hilarious!!! No there was no nudity, it was just meant to be silly. The best part was that somehow other people at work found out, and he ended up getting into a little trouble with the bosses. Thanks Joe for a night I will never forget!
14. Did you cry? Yes, on the way to the church. I had my niece, Brittney, and soon to be little sister in law, Denise, with me in the car since we had just had our hair done. The song, "Christmas Shoes" came on and it usually makes me a little emotional. After the song got over, Brittney asked me, "Brea, if you have a baby, what will you name it?" Already thinking about mothers and kids because of the song, I started crying. But I told Brittney, "Let me get through today, then we can start talking about babies, alright?" She use to say the funniest things at the funniest times.
15. Did you give any wedding favors away? No. But the flower girls (Brittney and Denise) were excited about the baskets and roses they got to take home.
16. Who caught the flowers and garter? Denise caught the flowers and Derek's older brother, Jesse, caught the garter. (I actually had 2 garters. My friends and I made them. The first was the one to throw, it was pretty simple. The one I kept was pretty neat. I strung blue ribbon through it - blue is Derek's favorite color!)
17. Who was your officiant or minister? Pastor Sam Coleman.
18. How much was your wedding dress, undergarments and all? Here comes the BIG shocker.......NOTHING!! I seriously wore my gorgeous prom dress because I loved it so much. But, I actually had to buy a new bra, so I guess it was really more like $20 that I spent.
19. Was there dancing? No, but we did dance back in our hotel room by ourselves.
20. Where was the reception? Didn't have one. But we did have a dinner. It was at the church. Then we opened our gifts, and left.
21. Would you go back and do it over again? I am glad that I married Derek, but I don't want to go back in time. I love my girls tooooo much.
22. How long did you have to plan your wedding? 2 months and 3 days. From October 9 to December 12.
23. What kind of car were you in when you drove away? My Chevy Baretta that was covered in orange and white silly paint. Seriously it was covered. The silly string paint stuff even ruined my brother, Andy's new dress pants. My mom called and complained to the company and they sent some other cleaning stuff to try to get it out, but it never did come out all the way. So word of advice... if you decorate someones car..... don't get anything on your clothes!
24. How many in your wedding party? 11 people from Derek's family, and 11 people from my family, about 6 friends and the pastor and his wife. Just about 30 people all together! I guess you could say pretty small.
25. Did you go anything different in your wedding or reception? I guess it was pretty different that we didn't have a reception. I tried to put Derek's ring on the wrong hand! That was pretty funny.
26. Did you save the top layer of your cake for your 1 year anniversary? No. I don't think cheesecake really lasts. But we did save a bottle of Martinelli's that we got and drank it while watching our wedding video. We try to drink a bottle of Martinelli's every anniversary.
27. If you saved your cake, did you eat it? Nope.
28. What was the grand total spent your wedding? Um, I actually have no idea. I would have to say with decorations, dresses for the flower girls, my bouquet (which was actually FREE... it was my present from my boss. She did an amazing job!), food for the dinner and anything else, it couldn't have been over $1,000. Yeah, we were trying to not spend very much.
29. Who traveled the farthest to attend your wedding? My family from Layton.
I tag Shiloh, Candice, Jenny, Teri and Jessica and anyone else who would like to do this tag.
2 comments:
SOunds like a good day!! I want to see some of your wedding pictures!
Thanks for the tag!! Adorable pictures!!!
Post a Comment