Monday, May 26, 2008

Denise's Dance Recital

Last Friday was Derek's little sister Denise's first dance recital. We have been thinking about putting Brooke into dance classes. So before it started, I asked Brooke to watch and tell me if she wanted to dance like the girls that were dancing. After a couple of songs I would ask Brooke is she wanted to dance like that and she kept telling me no. One of the very last songs they danced was called Twilight. The girls were all wearing glow sticks and they turned off all the lights. It was really cool. It was just one of those that you have to see to get the full experience. It was definitely my favorite dance of the night. After that dance, Brooke turned to Derek and I and said, "Me want to dance like that!" Guess we just had to find a dance she liked. Anyone know of a dance studio where they only dance in the dark with glow sticks? :o) We still want to take her to The Vibe dance studio in Lindon and see if she wants to try. Here's why we choose The Vibe......Derek works for the Peay Apartments in Provo. His boss's sister is co-owner of The Vibe. They often have choreographers that were performers on So You Think You Can Dance, i.e. Benji Swimmer! They also got national recognition when two of their teenager dancers were on Dancing With The Stars. The two ended up winning the competition. We think The Vibe really has it going on and we would love to take Brooke to the best.
Here is the best picture I got of Denise dancing. I need to figure out how to take better pictures in the dark. Well, it didn't help that my batteries kept dying and I forgot to bring extras. Maybe next time I will figure it out. Denise is the one in the middle of the picture. She did really well dancing that night! Good job Denise!
This was Brooke smashed into one of the chairs. She thought it was cool to make the seat fold in on her. Isn't she cute reading the program?

No comments: