Monday, April 14, 2008
Moody Monday
The past few months I have been feeling so fatigued and tired. With DaKoda teething this past week I've been having a real hard time even functioning. So today I pleaded with Derek to stay home from work to help me take DaKoda to the doctor to make sure she didn't have an ear infection or anything worse. (She doesn't, it's still the teething. But the doctor gave us some tips on getting her to sleep more than the 7 hours a day she's been sleeping. Yeah Brooke sleeps more than DaKoda. Crazy, right?) I also had a WIC appointment and made a doctors appointment for myself. At my doctor appointment, the doctor decides to have my thyroid levels checked out and suggested having a complete physical done. I'd told him I couldn't remember having a physical done before. He checked my ears and said that I probably had an sinus infection coming on and went ahead and prescribed me anti-biotics. (He said it was early, but he didn't want me to have to come back in a few days. I love when doctors are actually thinking of saving you time! They're the best.) He checked my wrist which has been hurting lately and said I have tendinitis. He gave me a brace which he wants me to wear every night and for a few hours during the day. Then he actually rechecked my heart rate because he couldn't believe what the nurse had written down. She put my heart rate at 100. (Not sure what the number really means, but he was curious about it.) He said it was more like 99, but that my heart beat was irregular. He asked if I've ever been told that before and I said no. Weird, huh? All that for just a few complaints and being really fatigued. I hope to hear back in a few days about the thyroid issue. Thanks for reading my personal venting. This is very therapeutic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a crappy day, I hate all those appointments. You gotta love WIC. I hope you and Dakoda get feeling better, it's no wonder your tired if Dakoda isn't sleeping much. Poor girl, tommorow will hopefully be better.
Thats a lot of things! I hope everything gets better. Right now must be the season of earaches, my friends' little girl has one too. I have tendonitis in my wrists, which I think is somehow linked to my allergies...seriously. My wrists hurt only when my allergies are REALLY bad. Anywho, have a good one!
Sorry you had such a bad day, maybe tomorrow will be better! I think I have tendinitus (sp?) too and the brace actually does help.
I hope you don't have thyroid problems, it's obviously not the worst thing in the world...but it's not the best either! Good luck.
I hope things are ok! It's a good thing you were smart enough to make an appointment for yourself.
Post a Comment