We went to Seven Peaks Water park this week. We went with JD, Melissa, Kyle, Brittney, Ashley, all of the foster boys, JoLyn, Alan, Tara, their 3 boys and their brand new almost 3 week old baby. It was sooo much fun with so many of us there. It was the perfect day to go too. The afternoon was a little overcast, so it made the sun not too bright and it wasn't so hot out. However, I got a little too much sun in the morning while we were first there because I woke up the next morning with a sunburn. It wasn't too bad, just a little on my shoulders, I'm thinking I may have missed the sunscreen there. I usually don't even worry about sunscreen, but I did put a some baby sunscreen lotion on. Good thing I did, or the sunburn might have been worse. Brooke's cheeks were a little red by the end of the day, but it was gone by the next morning. We spent most of the time in the lazy river, but the girls had a blast going down these kiddie slides. I was surprised Brooke even wanted to do it. When we first drove up to the park, she shrieked when she saw the tube slides and said she didn't want to go to the waterpark. I told her there was much more to do, and that she wasn't going down the big slides. Geez, I didn't even want to go down the big slides. We spent plenty of time in the wave pool as well. It was fun watching the girls play and splash in the big waves. We spent almost 7 hours there, and it was well worth it...... especially because we basically paid nothing! The week before, Melissa called me and asked if I had gotten a coupon for a free full day's admission in our ValPak coupon mailer. I literally searched through the garbage can to find it. Kids 3 and under are free, so DaKoda got in no problem. Which meant I had to find Brooke a coupon. I called around to quite a few neighbors before finally finding someone with a coupon to let us have. We did have to pay $5 for parking, and I spent $8 on a double tube (well worth it after we spent most of the day in it on the lazy river). We also split the cost of a cabana with the other families. I am glad we did. It kept us all in the shade when we wanted to rest, plus it kept baby Raegan out of the sun too! We only paid for a small cabana, but when we got there, they said that since no one else had signed up for one yet, they were letting us have a big one. Nice!
Then before we left, the girls were dying for some nachos, and I had to have some dippin dots ice cream. Wish dippin dots had their own store outside of amusement and water parks. I would buy them every week if I could!
Before we left, I convinced Brittney and Ashley to take the girls down the slide one more time so that I could get some pictures.
See, it wasn't really a big slide, but man the girls sure enjoyed it! You would think that with DaKoda not having a nap, being out in the sun all day, and playing hard, that the girls would have just crashed that night. But, nope, not DaKoda. I swear that girl could go on forever. It still took her a while to go to sleep. But the next day, she did take a nap for well over 3 hours. She still makes up for it somehow.
*Oh yeah, that morning we also went to ward play group. We had more people show up this week. The Croshaw's and the Hall's came. I think week by week it will only get bigger and bigger as the word spreads. Plus, I think having it consistently on the same day, makes it harder to forget about. I only wish we could have stayed longer. We showed up late because we were trying to get ready for Seven Peaks and then we had to leave early to make it to the park around the time they opened to maximize the day. It will be fun to go to play group next week to see if there are even more faces! This has really been a fun calling and I sure do enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment