Sunday, August 23, 2009

Camping with Daddy

We have been leaving our motorhome parked out on the road because we only have one parking spot in the driveway, which we usually parked my car there. One weekend we found a notice on it saying that it was in violation of the city's 72 hour policy.
Derek decided that since he had to move the motorhome, he might as well go camping. I wasn't feeling very well, and ended up with a migraine. Derek offered to let me stay home and get feeling better and he would take the girls by himself. They went up to the Spanish Fork Reservoir, which is only a few miles away from us. Since it wasn't very far, that meant that is was still pretty hot up there. Derek forgot something so I drove up there to them and I couldn't stand the heat. I don't think I would have stayed even if I did feel well. I think the temperature was almost 100 degrees that day. Derek forgot to bring their swimsuits, but he let them get in the reservoir in their clothes. After that, he said the girls were building a walkway with the firewood. That was the majority of the pictures he took. I am thankful he was willing to take pictures!
Brooke playing with her fishing pole.
The walkway.


Sisters working together!






Winding up....
Check out that arm! She has quite the throw down there.
This is how the girls travel in the motorhome. We use the old seat belt hooks and attach their LATCH system to it. Works out pretty well. We figure it's pretty safe for them to travel that way. At least for short distances anyway! Their seats lock in just like they would in the car. Nice, huh?


This is not a common thing for DaKoda. She has fallen asleep in my chair before, right within nap time. But to fall asleep elsewhere in the house, not common for her. She was pretty tuckered out when they came home. Oh, and please excuse the dirty chair she is sleeping on. They get that thing so dirty that the washing machine can't get it clean anymore. And notice her bowl of macaroni and cheese (or as DaKoda calls it 'Monkey cheese'. Seriously. Doesn't that make you smile? Sounds more delicious right?) on the other chair? She didn't even finish her lunch. Another uncommon thing for DaKoda. The girls absolutely loved going camping with Daddy.

2 comments:

Noodle said...

How cute... Sammy loves camping too... I love that they were working together... I can't wait until Sammy and little sister can play together and be friends...

Anonymous said...

That was nice of Derek to take them out. I think it's great that the girls worked together to make their little log path. Hopefully Makua will get along well with his siblings.