Thursday, April 23, 2009

200th Post!

I went to my dashboard this morning and saw that I had 199 posts on my blog. So this post makes number 200!! I thought it was kind of interesting and fun to know. We have come so far in just a little over a year. Anyway, on to the real post:

Our Week So Far:


This was Sunday night. DaKoda started putting on Brooke's clothes after Brooke had changed into her pajamas. Then Brooke joined in on the fun. I think they look really colorful!



Then DaKoda got mad and had had enough.
Monday we just stayed inside and tried to get us all feeling better. Tuesday night was Derek's night off and he promised Brooke that if the weather was still good, we could go play at the park. These two girls and their Daddy sure love to play at the park. Me? I love to sit back and watch. Or take pictures in this case.
See? Even Derek likes to join in on the fun!

"Watch out for me Daddy!" -DaKoda
Better move!
There they go again. Going up the wrong way.
These are things you are supposed to walk across. I think Brooke wishes they were swings because swinging is her favorite and there aren't any swings at this schools playground. There aren't any at her school either. Anyone know why so many schools don't have swings anymore? We only see them at the city parks.
None the less, they love to pretend to swing on them and act crazy.
DaKoda even tried to just pick her feet up and swing that way. She is our little monkey!
This was this morning. I loved how Brooke put the crown on. She looks like she's from another decade. She's a fashionista!
And this is how we have spent lots of time this week. Doing breathing treatments. Brooke is coughing less and less, but DaKoda is now starting to cough more and more. Plus, I am now getting it once again. We are did one round of this, in the middle of the second, and I sure hope we NEVER did a third. I am praying that the girls are building their immune system and we can stay healthy for years to come! The sad part of us being sick over and over this year is that there was absolutely nothing we could do to avoid it. Since August of last year up until last month, we only had one car. So me and the girls were housebound most of the winter. Even scheduling appointments got really tricky so that Derek didn't have to miss work. The only thing was that Brooke had preschool, which she was picked up by the bus for (thank heavens!). But it sounds like a lot of the kids in her class have also been sick, so I think that is where we have been picking it up from. Some of the illnesses have come from Derek's coworkers and their kids. So, really what more could we do. I have to remind myself of that whenever we get sick, that it's just a part of life. We are just experiencing a lot of life this year.
Anyway, the girls sure do look cute with their 'dinosaur mask' on. Most of the time they have it on, all I hear is a muffled, "Am I done yet?" or "Done?" It starts to sound like the repetitive "Are we there yet?" But even I am beginning to ask, "Are we done yet?"

4 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

I love the park pictures, dads are the greatest I too like to just sit back and watch but dads really get in on the fun. Derek seems like a wonderful dad to your girls, sweet pictures.

Noodle said...

looks like you guys have had a fun week even having to wear the cute dinosore mask! I love it that your girls play dress up together... Sammy has figured out how to put on shoes but thats about it! But she loves shoes she changes them like 10 times a day argh I have baby shoes all over the house!

Anonymous said...

We got the dinosaur mask too! :) Makua's so sick of breathing treatments that he cries sometimes. Especially if he's tired. Hopefully your girls will be super immune now.

Nice dress up and park pictures. A lot of the parks in Sandy don't have swings. Of the 25ish or so parks, only 6 have swings. It's rather disappointing. Although, Makua doesn't really like them. It's more for me. :) I love swings.

Jamie said...

How cute they look like they l0ve to dress up!!