Monday, March 16, 2009

Disney on Ice

Saturday night we went to see Disney on Ice. My best friend, Cara bought Brooke's ticket for her birthday, so we paid for the rest of us to go along too. It was so much fun! I can't believe I have never been before. The girls were both starting to come down with some sort of flu, and neither one were feeling very well. Brooke spent most of the morning pretty sick. Then DaKoda took her turn for the rest of the day. DaKoda ran a fever the entire night. I am not sure whether it was that she really liked the show, or whether it was her fever, but she didn't turn away from the show once before intermission. She was glued. DaKoda never sits still. She won't watch any TV. She will watch like 10 minutes here and there, but that's as long as it lasts, and it has to be Dora for her to last that long. So you can see that I was a little nervous about taking her to the show. I figured I would have to watch the show from the top of the stadium. Brooke was just as glued as DaKoda, but I knew she would be. The group of us went to eat dinner at the Gateway before the show. DaKoda didn't eat anything, Brooke ate about half her Happy Meal. So of course we had to buy Brooke a snow cone they had in a cute little Mermaid cup. Since DaKoda never took her eyes off the show until intermission, she never noticed that Brooke had a treat. Once she did, oh man! We had to buy her one too. They were walking around with Stitch cups, so I got DaKoda one of those. She refused to eat it off the spoon. Nope, she ate it by the hand fulls. But, I thought maybe it would help bring her fever down. But, it still wouldn't drop. You should have seen all the souvenirs that Brooke wanted. She wanted a sword, of all things. So we got her one and got DaKoda a stuffed Mickey Mouse even thought she keep saying she didn't want it. (But guess what stuffed animal had to go to bed with her that night? Silly kid. I knew she would love it.) We also got them the spinning light things with Tinker Bell on the top. Brooke also had to have a Flounder hat, so she got one of those too! Wow, can you say we spoil these two girls. We love them and we felt bad that neither of them felt good. Not a good combination with Disney prices. Plus, it was Brooke's birthday the next day, how could you not spoil her?


Not the best picture, but you can tell how much they love the show!
Check out her blue lips as a result from her snow cone!
Of course we had to take a few pictures of Tinker Bell, even though I know we shouldn't have. Sorry Disney!
They aren't great pictures, but at least Brooke can look back on them and remember one of our favorite family nights out. Thanks Cara for inviting us!

2 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to Brooke! We went to Disney on Ice last week too. Wasn't it great, Lance got one of those Stitch snowcones as well. I always say I am not going to buy souveniers but then I give in and spend way too much. We bought those Tinkerbell light things too, my boys loved them.

Anonymous said...

Fun! Was this the princess one? Dani would have loved it.