Wednesday, February 18, 2009

DaKoda's 18 Month Check Up

DaKoda had her 18 month check up last week. She is doing really well and placed average on both height and weight charts. Not so shocking, but she only weighs 6 pounds less than Brooke and is only 5 inches shorter. DaKoda also has the large Wentz head. All Wentz babies have larger heads. It's hard sometimes to get her shirt over her head, but yet the shirt fits just fine once it's on. Here are her stats:

Weight: 24.0 lbs 46.96%

Height: 31.6 inches 49.42%

Head Circumference: 19.6cm 99.31%

Her doctor asked if she could say 10-15 words. I told him she says way more than that. It got me wondering how big her vocabulary is, so I decided to write down all the words I could think of that she says. Here's her recent vocab list:

*fry *animal *drink *baby *please *thanks *cheese *more *keys *Dora *ba-ba (bottle) *bink (pacifier) *ma-ma *da-da *ball *bowl *me *mine *B (for Brooke) *uh-huh (for yes) *uh-uh (for no) *treat *vacuum *JoJo *Papa *go *on *Spongebob *mam-ma (for Grandma) *boom boom *stink *bubbles *shoes *boots *weeee *hot *hat *bump

That's a whopping 37 words right there. I am sure there are a few more that I can't think of, but wow! It's so surprising to me that she speaks so many words. Thinking back to Brooke at 18 months when I first had her tested for being speech delayed, Brooke could say 6 words. 6 words! Mom, Dad, Car, that, and a few others. And even those were far between. Brooke mostly signed. I don't regret teaching Brooke to sign. She still remembers a lot of signs to this day. I wish I would have taught more signs to DaKoda, but she just wouldn't ever cooperate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that she has such a wide ranged vocabulary. Spongebob is a pretty funny one.