Thursday, February 12, 2009

25 Things about ME

I did this for Facebook, but I wanted to share it here as well.

1. I got to ride Amtrak (the train) back from my senior trip to Colorado. It was supposed to be about a 12 hour ride. It ended up being over 24 hours. Not sure I would do it again, but it was quite the experience.

2. I still talk on a regular basis with my best friend. We have known each other since the 1st grade, but only been friends since 7th grade. If anyone remembers her, it's Cara. We made a pack in high school that we wouldn't lose touch with each other. We talk at least once a week, sometimes we talk every day. As for many of my other best friends, I am just barly getting in contact with most of them through Facebook.

3. I don't have many local friends. Most of my friends live a ways away.

4. I was raised LDS, and I believe I have a nice foundation in the faith, however I am currently not active in attending.

5. I was very spoiled in my parents ward growing up. Everyone was very outgoing and knew who everyone else was. My ward is very much like that now, but I became very lazy from wards who treated me like a nobody. Even by the bishop. Sad.

6. I try very hard to take responsibility for the person I am now. I do not like playing the victim, although I am quick to talk about anything that has happened in my past.

7. Sometimes I can be too open.

8. I find it easier to get along with teenagers than little kids. I guess that's why I wanted to be a high school teacher. I have no idea what I am doing with two little girls. Mostly they are self entertaining. Thank heavens. They rarely come to me to play with them. The best thing I think I do with my kids is reading to them. We read all day long.

9. I really wanted to become a foster parent after my best friend, Cara was raised in one. I put it off because I wanted my kids to be older, but now I am not sure it will ever happen.

10. I still like to help other kids in foster care.

11. I have had very few jobs in my life. Many jobs aren't considered jobs by other people.

12. Here is my list of jobs: 1.Babysitting (Who really counts that. But I watched so many kids, and even had a permanent job every day one summer.) 2. Utah Schools for the Deaf and the Blind. It started out as volunteering, but after I turned 18, they began paying me. It was only a few weekends a summer. But it was extremely exhausting work. 3. Hill Air Force Base. I was hired temporarily the summer before my senior year. I cried a lot at the beginning because I basicly sat at a desk all day waiting for the phone to ring. It only rang about 4 times a day. I was very bored. I didn't realize what a blessing that job was for me. 4. Sam's Club. I dedicated 4 and 1/2 years to that company and for what? They fired me for something that they couldn't prove was my fault and they knew it. I was 5 months pregnant with Brooke at the time. 5. 4 the Youth. I was a tracker for foster kids. It was a lot fo fun. I drove kids around to therapy appointments and such. The best thing was that I got to bring Brooke around with me. I never had to hire a babysitter. 6. Being a Mommy and a wife. See I told you, not many people count this on their resume. But, come on people, it is a hard job sometimes.

13. I never wanted my kids to have to go to daycare or have a babysitter full time. My dream has always been to stay at home with them. Thanks to my husband who works two jobs so that I can fulfill my dreams everyday.

14. Most of high school I was always attatched to someone. I basicly went from one boyfriend to another.

15. I never broke up with anyone. They always did the breaking up. (Unless you count silly jr. high relationships).

16. I never wanted to marry into the military, although two of the guys I dated seriously in high school ended up in the military. And I thought I could end up with either one of them. Thank goodness they broke up with me.

17. The reason for no military is not because I don't support them, because I do. Full-heartedly. But I could not live with being away from my family.

18. I have complete respect for my brother in law who served in Iraq. I don't however respect his wife for turning him away from his family.

19. I would have to say that the best thing that my husband and I share in common is the fact that we both come from pretty tight nit families. And big families at that. We are both one of 5 kids. We spend a lot of time with both families.

20. This year was the first Christmas we spent trying to come up with our own traditions. We have always celebrated with one of our families. But we felt that Brooke was getting old enough to know the difference. So we began our own.

21. I attended the program for the gifted and talented for 3rd grade through 6th grade. It was first known as "Satelite" but then changed to, "Spectrum". I don't think I would put my children into a program like that if the time ever came. I hold very dear to my heart the things I learned there. But, the kids in my neighborhood disowned me. The only friends I had were ones in class with me. I could never run down the street to go play at someones house.

22. I really want to have a baby boy someday. Not anytime soon, but someday. I love my girls to pieces and they are everything I ever wanted. But, I know my husband would love a boy and a boy would help balance things out. I have only ever dreamed about girls. Maybe we are destined to have only girls. I will live with whatever decision the Lord has in store for me.

23. We have lost two babies already. One, I was 12 weeks along, but the baby had passed away at 6 weeks. It was over Mother's Day weekend. The second, I was only 5 weeks along. I was having a really hard time accepting my Grandmothers death when I found out I was pregnant. Then almost 2 weeks later, we lost the baby. I deal with this loss everyday. You may not think someone could be so attached to something they had for such a short amount of time, but I am. Thinking about the two I lost brings me to tears. The only way I can accept it is to think that for some reason there had to be a sacrifice made in order for my girls to be able to come here. I got pregnant (one by choice, the other by accident) almost immediately after the misscarriages.

24. My Father means the world to me. Both of them. They have watched over me and want the best from me. My Dad is a great spirit lifter. He always tells me to Smile, no matter how hard it is. I promise, when everything seems down, if you can actually get that smile across your face, you will feel (at least a little) better.

25. I am so addicted to TV, I could watch it all day long. Luckily, my girls distract me from that!Yeah, this got a little more in depth than I intended to. Maybe it's my lack of sleep, or my lack of breakfast!

2 comments:

Team Reid said...

Thanks for sharing! It's always fun to read these and get to know people a bit better! I am totally on your team about wards that treat you like you don't matter. My current ward is full of people like that! Instead of being nice, if you're not in their 'click', they will get up and sit across the room leaving you on your own! It's lovely. I don't understand why people here are so mean! I hope things get better for ya though! :)

Bentleys said...

Wow! I feel like I know you better! The blog books range from $20-$100 I did a hardbound book and it was almost 200pgs for $70! They print it and send it! I am really impressed with the quality! You can also slurp in your digital scrapbooking pages too. I will do this next year. www.blurb.com is by far the cheapest! Any other questions just email me jessicawach01@aol.com