Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Where babies come from

On Sunday, we were all laying in our bed before getting up to get ready for church. DaKoda got up and went into the living room for something. Brooke sat up and asked me, "Where did Koda come from?" (Koda is Brooke's nickname for DaKoda). I replied, "From Mommy." I figured as small an answer as possible. I've read to only answer exactly what they ask you. You don't need to tell a 3 year old about the birds and the bees when a shorter answer suffices their curiousity. Then Brooke asks, "Oh, from the doctor's office?" "Uh, yeah." She has the right idea. I was shocked at what she said next. "Mommy, can we go to the doctor's office to get my baby brother?" "NO, NO, No. Not for a long time." We are not pregnant, or even talking about getting pregnant. I have no idea where she comes up with these things. Derek and I have talked (privately) that we are going to wait for a while. DaKoda keeps me running circles around myself. There is no way she would let me rest if I got pregnant. That's usually the first sign that I know I am pregnant. I get super tired. When I got pregnant with DaKoda, I would set some toys out and turn on a show on TV for Brooke and she would let me lay down on the couch and close me eyes. Not with DaKoda. I swear, if you even blink, she is getting into something. Drives me crazy. DaKoda will find the container of wet wipes and pull them all out one by one. She will climb over my side table by my recliner to reach the diaper rash cream on the shelf. I am worried one of these days she will severly hurt climbing onto things. She frequently throws things away that shouldn't be thrown away. She really likes to say 'done' and go throw away the bowl she was using. This is pretty much the reason I haven't gotten to do much blogging lately. I have to do it while she is sleeping. It's the only true time she isn't getting into trouble. I guess I need to appreciate the fact that Brooke is so mellow. She is so laid back and carefree. Since about a year old, Brooke has been pretty self-reliant. She loves going to the bathroom on her own. She is so good to be quiet while I am getting DaKoda to go down for a nap. She is such a cute girl. If only I could figure out where her extreme curiousity comes from.....

4 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

So funny I really do wonder where kids come up with things they say. The other day Eric was giving me a kiss and Lance said "oh daddy going bye bye" apparantely we only kiss when he is leaving.

Noodle said...

my little girl loves to pull out all the wipes one by one, I never know where she will be next when I run to the bathroom... Today it was the table yesterday it was the adult day bed in her room, the day before that she pushed the kicthen chair over to the counter and climbed up there.... And today she threw away my pampered chef spring form pan, two spoons, and almost threw away my car keys... So I totaly understand. Its a good thing I love her or I would be tempted to throw her away hehehe...

Bentleys said...

Those pictures are adorable I love them all!

kamaile said...

Way to field a hairy question. You have me worried. Makua is such a good kid that I'm afraid he's spoiling us. Hopefully subsequent children will be just as good and easy to take care of as he is.