Monday, January 26, 2009

The Case of the Missing Boots

A week and a half ago, we went to Brooke's parent teacher conference. I'm doing a different post about how she is doing. Anyway, after her conference, Brooke was convinced that we were taking her out to Cold Stone for some ice cream. We figured, no big deal, so we took her. After that, we came home. That Saturday, just 36 hours later, we were headed to Shiloh and Paul's for the day. The guys were going to the Auto Expo, the girls and kids stayed home and we took some awesome pictures. Well, I wanted to bring DaKoda's boots that she had worn on Thursday night. We couldn't find them anywhere. So finally we had to just leave without them. We searched many of the common hiding spots in our house and still couldn't find them that night. Sunday night I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep because I had remembered the missing boots. I was so upset, I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack. Derek couldn't figure out why I was so upset. DaKoda was barely fitting into these boots. She still had a while to go wearing them. Plus, they were the first pair of boots we bought for Brooke. I guess you could say I am a little attached to those boots. Derek had the night off on Tuesday, and so we went searching again. We searched every room in the house. I even called Cold Stone thinking somehow we had maybe taken off her boots and left them behind. We were both sure we hadn't. Nope they weren't there either. We even asked Brooke if maybe she had put them away. We checked Brooke's closet and went through all of her shoes. We then went to DaKoda's wardrobe and checked again. On a whim, Derek pulled out the drawer underneath the wardrobe. We hadn't thought either girl could have put them in there because you have to pull really hard, or use both knobs to open the drawer. But sure enough, the boots had beed stuffed inside the drawer. DaKoda was watching us while we were searching and we asked her if she put them there. She said yeah. Darn little girl heard me tell Brooke to go put her coat and boots away, and DaKoda tried to do the same. She knew where they went, but couldn't reach the knobs to open the wardrobe, so she put them in the drawer. How can you get mad after that? I was so upset about all the unnecessary stress and anxiety I had had all weekend long, when lo and behold, the little girl had put her boots away herself. I swear, I could've screamed I was so relieved.

1 comment:

Noodle said...

That is so cute... Sammy is starting to trow away stuff she thinks is trash so we have to check the garbage every time we toss something but its so cute when she cleans up and I dont want to discourage it... By the way love your blog its so cute I'm excited that I can keep in touch with you and your family now =)