Friday, August 8, 2008

8/8/08 Part 2

My friend, Tawni did this post and I thought it was more fun than the one I did, so I thought I would it too.

8 things I did today: (For more details, see previous post, but this list will be what specifically I did)
1. Ate cereal for breakfast for the first time in over a month. Usually I eat cereal every day, but lately I have been loving toast with peanut butter and raspberry jam. I love hot peanut butter. My favorite way to eat Reese's Pieces is when they have sat out in the sun and melted inside.
2. Brought lunch to my sister at work.
3. Went to the bank.
4. Watched Dog the Bounty Hunter.
5. Ran errands with my sister.
6. Ended up eating out at IHOP instead of having soup. We were out running errands and got hungry. Plus, JoJo had a gift card, so it's free!
7. Gave the girls a bath and got them ready for bed.
8. Took care of the girls all day. Gotta give myself some credit somewhere, right? Stay at home mothers really do have a hard job!

8 of my favorite foods:
1. Fat Jacks fat sticks (it's a pizza place's awesome cheesy bread)
2. Popcorn
3. Soup
4. Water and Pepsi
5. Turkey Divan
6. Arby's French Dip and Swiss
7. Homemade Chocolate Chip cookies
8. Derek's no bake cookies (seriously he makes them like no other can!)

8 of my favorite movies:
1. Bed of Roses (From the late 80's, Christian Slater. If you haven't seen it, you need to rent it. It's my all time favorite Love story)
2. While You Were Sleeping
3. Any Harry Potter
4. Home Alone (1-3 are ALL great. I don't have a favorite.)
5. The Devil Wears Prada
6. Monster In Law
7. How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, The Notebook, and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
8. Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, The Lion King, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Monsters, Inc, The Tigger Movie, Pooh's Heffalump Movie, basically almost ANY Disney animated movie.
(I had a really hard time narrowing my favorites down to 8, can you tell. I really LOVE movies.)

8 things I did or want to do in 2008:
1. Learned a lot about myself and what I can handle.
2. Created a blog!!
3. Stuck with blogging. For me this is the first "Journal" I have ever stuck with this long and this frequently.
4. Had some fabulous family vacations this summer.
5. Lost 13 pounds in 2 months!! (But I have to credit some of that to the fact that my body was holding onto baby fat while I was nursing. I hadn't lost a pounds until I stopped nursing. But I am thrilled that I got to nurse for 9 months, even if I had to wait to lose weight!!)
6. I would like to lose even more weight and get it back to where it should be.
7. I would like to spend more time as a family of four.
8. I would like to create some family traditions this year for Christmas. (We have been relying on our extended family too much for the holidays.)

8 of my favorite books:
1. Of course the Harry Potter series
2. Of course the Twilight series
3. The Kate's Turn series (An LDS teen who goes back in time and travels with the pioneers. Great books!)
4. Any book by Shel Siverstein
5. Any book by Nicholas Sparks (My favorites are the Notebook, A Walk to Remember, and Message In a Bottle)
6. The Charlie Bone series
7. Heidi
8. The Babysitter's Club series and the BoxCar Children series

8 things I like to do:
1. Spend time with Derek
2. Spend time with Brooke and DaKoda
3. Spend time with my family
4. Watch TV or movies
5. Blog!! Any surprise there?
6. Eat candy, junk food, popcorn or fast food.
7. Get sucked into a great book.
8. Just sit back and watch how fast my girls are growing up.

8 countries I want to go to:
1. Ummmm, stay in America?
2. Italy
3. Belize
4. England
5. Norway
6. Wales
7. The Bahamas
8. Jamaica

2 comments:

Rob and Melanie said...

Hi, you don't know me but my name is Melanie Martin. I found your blog through someone elses and noticed that you have Melanie and Mike Browns blog site. I used to be best friends with Melanie growing up. Her blog is private and I was wondering if you could give her my email so she could invite me. She'll know who I am, we used to both be Melanie Smiths before we got married. I would really appreciate it. My email is melanie@touchfon.com thanks a bunch!!!!

Brea Marie said...

Melanie, I sent you request on to Mike and Melanie. My parents live next to them, so that's how I really know them. Didn't we all go to school together? I have looked at your blog and I remember seeing you in school, but I don't think we had any classes together. I would love to get to know you better now if you don't mind sending me an invite to your blog. mickeyssparkplug@yahoo.com Thanks! Brea