What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was finishing 9th grade. Cara and I had been on the yearbook staff and we loved it. This is a picture of the entire year book staff. Anyone recognize some familiar faces?
This picture is of me and my Dad at the 8th grade recognition dance. I had such a good time even though my boyfriend broke up with me in the middle of the dance with my parents there. This picture was taken afterwards. I guess you could say I wasn't too heartbroken. Sorry the picture isn't of great quality, but it still shows how much fun Dad and I have together.
This picture is of my favorite teacher, Mrs. Fillmore. She was always more like a friend to us than a teacher. Cara and I talk about her often and really wish we hadn't lost track of her. Wonder what she's doing now.
These were some of my good friends at the end of 9th grade. Josh Younger, Rebecca Ashurst, and Cara Epps (now Fairless). We were so excited to start our sophomore year at Northridge High.
This is a flag that my Dad bought for me and I hung it on the wall in my bedroom. I kept a lot of knick knacks back then. In the fall I went on my first date. It was to the Homecoming Dance with Jon Hinds. We went to the Pie in Riverdale I think and then went for ice cream after the dance. Sad thing...Jon's Dad drove us the entire date. I seriously am glad I never had to do that again. What a memorable year. Thanks for letting me share that with y'all.
5 Things on my to do list today:
This might be a little boring, but here's goes...
1. Put away laundry.
2. Take a nap when the girls are napping. (But here I am the stupid computer once again. I swear this is a daily dilemma with me. I need to rest because I never have energy, but this is the only time I can actually concentrate on what I'm doing.
3. Eat dinner with Derek.
4. Watch Eli Stone with Derek.
5. Kiss and love and pay attention to my girls.
6 Snacks that I enjoy:
Can I just say almost anything? I guess I'll name a few specifics, but they are usually not good for you.
1. Right now I am hooked on Snickers.
2. Pepsi. I can say that as a snack right?
3. Popcorn. Either movie theater or microwave.
4. Baked Lays potato chips, corn nuts and fritos.
5. M&M's, Chocoalte Twizzlers, and ring pops.
6. I absolutely LOVE desserts. I love most cakes, pies, brownies or cookies I can get my hands on. Cheesecake and brownies are favorites.
I told you there were a lot, and that's not all of them.
If I were suddenly a billionaire?
I would buy a house, a new car for me and one for Derek. I would give to my parents second. I couldn't be where I am today without their help. I would probably buy them a new house or anything they wanted. I would help out my family in any way I could. I would donate, but it would probably take me a while to decide where. Then I would think of ways to GIVE BIG! (Latest addiction: Oprah's Big Give tv show)
5 Places I have lived:
1. Layton, Ut (I was born in the same house my parents still live in today.) Until I was 18 years old.
2. Payson, Ut Aug 2001 - March 2002 With my sister after her divorce.
3. Orem, Ut March 2002 - Aug 2002 With two roommates.
4. Pleasant Grove, Ut Aug 2002 - July 2003 With various roommates.
5. Lehi, Ut July 2003 - Nov 2003 With one roommate.
6. Pleasant Grove, Ut Nov 2003 - Oct 2004 With my new hubby and his family.
7. Provo, Ut Oct 2004 - Aug 2006
8. Spanish Fork, Ut Aug 2006 - Present
I thought I would include them all since most of them have been for such sort periods of time.
5 Jobs I have had:
1. I was a certified babysitter. I loved to babysit and had a lot of regular families I sat for. I guess you could say I knew early on that I wanted to be a mommy because I loved being around kids.
2. Hill Air Force Base the summer between my Jr. and Sr. year of high school. I was a summer temp and I loved it.
3. Sam's Club Oct - Dec 2000. Then again from March 2001 - October 2004. Long time, too long if you ask me.
4. A Tracker for a Foster care company. Way too much paper work. Now I am licenses to do respite care for that State and I LOVE it by FAR more. I am not doing respite again until DaKoda is a year old and I am no longer nursing her. It's just too hard to commit to both. She is my priority.
5. The best and most wonderful job in the world. A MOMMY! It has always been my dream to be a stay at home mom. I love and appreciate all the sacrifices Derek is willing to make in order for me to be able to stay at home! I wouldn't have it any other way. (Well maybe I would... maybe we would miraculously have more money and I'd still be able to stay at home.)
5 things people may not know about me:
1. I LOVE pictures. I love taking them, and I love looking at mine and others. Some of my favorites are black and white photos. Photography captures what some people may not have seen. As much as I love photography, I never considered a career in it. I've had some people tell me to look into it, but never have.
2. I am addicted to eating out. Almost anything except seafood.
3. I went to preschool for 2 years, when I was 3 and 4 years old.
4. I broke my nose in the 8th grade. My little neighbor girl swung a golf club really hard as I was standing behind her. My nose is still crooked. But, it's the only bone I've broken.
5. I have never had a ride in a limo. Never even seen the inside of one for that matter.
I tag these people: Shiloh Schow, Candice Case, and anyone else who wants to do this and hasn't.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh! Those pictures! I think I recognize pretty much everyone, they're all so little! Did we really look that dorky in jr. high?
Cute, I love this tag. Fun learning more about you. Cute pictures of your 9th grade buddies. Oh by the way I loved the 90's kid thing, so funny. It will be weird when our kids are able to look back on these years like we do now.
Too funny! I remember a lot, if not everyone in the yearbook staff photo! Its so wierd to look back at pictures. I actually was looking at some elementary pictures for Lincoln Elementary and we are so little! I will have to post one of them.
I always love this tag. It's so fun to read what you were up to 10years ago. That yearbook picture is funny. I recognize a few people.
I love photography too. One day I am going to get a really expensive camera and take amazing pics. I can't wait fot that day.
Post a Comment