Saturday, March 8, 2008

The loss of a Friend

I've been having a really hard time the last few days. I have had to come to terms that someone who I thought could turn into a really great friend, will never be a friend at all. I have been really surprised by the actions, behaviors and language of this person. I realize what an impact and impression this can have on my children. I don't want or need my kids to be exposed to those things. It has made me really sad because I had such high hopes for this person. I am shocked that we will never see eye to eye. I did not think we could have such differing oppinions when I first met them. Wow, I can't believe I was ever that naive. I understand that we are from different situations, but I thought we could learn from each others experiences. I don't think I have ever questioned myself as much as I have had to with this person. I let them make me feel like I was less of a person. I have NEVER let anyone do that to me before. I feel so vulnerable. I never cared in high school if someone liked me or not. My oppinion was that it was your loss if you didn't like me. I guess that's why it hurts so bad now. I have never before been in this position. So, I guess I will have to just cope with the loss of the potential friendship.

No comments: