Monday, March 10, 2008
How fast can they grow up?
Yesterday we went to Derek's mom's church. The baptist church where we got married. After church they had a potluck. It was a lot of fun. There is a mother there who has a little boy a week younger than DaKoda. So it was fun to chat with someone going through the same stages. She was shocked to see that DaKoda was crawling. She does this "inch worm crawl" thing. It is really funny to watch, but she sure can move really quick. The other mother was also surprised at how far in DaKoda's teeth were. I marveled at how much faster DaKoda is passing milestones than others her age. Especially Brooke. Brooke, I swear, passed every milestone slower than DaKoda has. Brooke hated being on her tummy because of the reflux she had. Her tummy always hurt. She didn't crawl until 10 months and it was the army crawl. She didn't fully walk until she was 15 months old. It seems like DaKoda might try to stand up any day now. It is crazy how different two kids can be. So, the mother asked me if we were ready to have another. (She has 4 kids.) We were like "are you crazy? Heck no!" We want to wait until DaKoda is at least 2 years old to have another. Brooke was 2 and1/2 when DaKoda was born, and even then, I think she may have been better if she was a few months older. She loves DaKoda whole heartedly, it's just that potty training whould have been easier if I wouldn't have been pregnant when Brooke was ready so I pushed her off for awhile. Then when she was ready again, I had a newborn to contend with. You should try having a newborn either nursing or just barely asleep on your lap and have your 2 year old yell from the other room, "Mommy, me need to go potty." There's no waiting when they have to go. So, you've got to hurry and run to help the two year old go potty while the baby screams. Brooke is however completely potty trained. It took a while, but I am so glad that she is. We finally had to bribe with a "Dora Party." The grandparents were all here and a Aunt JoJo and Aunt Denise. We bought her a Dora cake and Dora ice cream, ate it on Dora plates with Dora napkins. We also bought her the new Dora DVD. I am curious whether DaKoda will continue like the speed demon she is and potty train before Brooke did, or whether she will slow down at some point. Either way, I still love watching how different my two little girls can be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment