Today we went sledding with Grandpa Wentz. The girls had a lot of fun being all bundled up. We had them in pants, then snow pants, long sleve shirts, jackets, and coats. Then mittens that Grandpa bought them last year, hats and the hats on their coats over that. Yeah, DaKoda was 'sveating'. (Sweating in her words.)
This is Denise riding on the tube. Tiffany is trying to help DaKoda walk back up the hill. DaKoda kept going up and down the hill. She scooted on her bum, she walked, she ran, she even rolled down that hill. And she still had more energy!!
Here's DaKoda sledding down the hill all by herself.
Brooke also went down all by herself. Brave girls!
Derek and Brooke going down the hill. DaKoda was crawling back up the hill this time.
Both girls wanted to be carried back up the hill. At this point, they were both getting sort of tired. I loved how Derek was the awesome Dad who carried both of them. Until Alex came to rescue him and took the tubes the rest of the way. Derek still carried both the girls the rest of the way up!
Afterwards, we went back to Grandpa's house where Debbie made us yummy hot cocoa, and an awesome spaghetti dinner. We watched an episode of Clean House: the messiest home in the country. It was a lot of fun sitting around chatting and warming up. The kids all played down stairs.
When we left, I asked Derek if we could run to Target to see if their toys clearance had hit 75% off yet. It hadn't, but there wasn't anything I would have bought even at 90% off. Sad selection this year. The horrible part was while I walking down one of the aisles, all of a sudden I couldn't see very well. I got a migraine right there in the middle of Target. It was the fastest hitting migraine I've ever had. But probably the most short lived too. It only lasted just over an hour. Although I still feel a little dizzy and not quite right, at least the migraine is gone. Now, I am off to finalize my lesson for tomorrow. We are teaching the Sunbeams! Yes- the class that DaKoda is in. Last week, there were only 4 kids, and one of them fell asleep. I'm not sure yet if class being during the most of their naptimes is a good thing or a bad thing yet. But last week, it was definetly a good thing. Hopefully tomorrow will be the same!
1 comment:
That looks like quite the fun hill for sledding. We haven't taken Makua yet. I bet he would love it.
Post a Comment