Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Jesus!

The girls and I were playing with play dough and watching a reality show called 'Table for 12'. They were showing their Christmas episode from last year and they made a cake for Jesus on Christmas. Brooke asked is we were going to make a cake for Jesus and I told her we might not have time. I thought maybe Derek's Mom might make one because she made one last year.
DaKoda pulled out one of their little plates from IKEA (from their little play kitchen. We don't use it to eat on.) and turned it over and started pulling apart play dough and sticking it on the rim of the plate. After she had done pieces all the way around, she showed me the plate and said, "Happy Birthday Jesus cake". I thought it was so creative of her to pretend the plate was a cake and decorate it with play dough. Brooke loved it so much, she decided to make one too.
DaKoda with her 'Jesus cake'. Don't mind the clothes on the couch please. I was trying to get some laundry put away while the girls played.

Brooke's creation.

No comments: