Earlier in the week before our anniversary (Saturday) Derek's Mom called and asked if Brooke wanted to spend the night over the weekend. I told her I would try to talk Brooke into it. It seems like every time Brooke tries spending the night, she ends up right back here at home before going to bed. Just as I thought, Brooke didn't want to do it. I tried hyping it up, and even asked her if maybe she would just go for the day and then we would come pick her up before bed. She was okay with spending the day there. Just before the weekend, I was going to call my Mother in law and ask if she would be willing to watch DaKoda as well. She beat me to it and called me first. She thought maybe Brooke would be willing to stay if DaKoda stayed too. I told her that Derek was trying to plan something for our anniversary and she said, "Oh yeah! It's your anniversary. You have to let me take the girls then." Well, we finally convinced the girls to spend the night by bribing them with $5 to go to the store with Grandma, and also a toy from Mom and Dad when they came home. We're great parents, right? Bribing your kids to spend the night? Well, DaKoda probably would have stayed either way, but Brooke.... she knows how to work us over. Wrapped around her littler finger I tell ya.
After we dropped them off, Derek and I went out and did a little Christmas shopping. Then we had lunch at Chilli's. Yum! Our favorite restaurant right now. We both love their chips and salsa. I love their loaded baked potato soup. It comes with bacon on the top. We did a little more shopping and then met up with our friends, Koy and Kristen and went up to Temple Square. We had tons of fun with them! We have so much in common with them, I hope we can get together more often. Afterwards, we got hot chocolate and cookies from the Gateway, and then headed home. Since we only have one camera, I left it with my Mother in law so that she could take pictures of the girls playing out in the snow.
With their $5 each, Grandma took the girls to Family Dollar where Brooke picked out a Disney Princess tea set (she loves playing pretend kitchen!) and DaKoda picked out a hammer and nail playskool toy. The one where you smack the nails down in the board. She sure loves it!
What a great weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment