Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Brooke's Last Day Of School

I just put Brooke on the bus for the last time this school year. I asked her to take some pictures so we could compare to the beginning of the year. She wanted to wear the same shirt, but for some reason I had her wear it on Monday to school. And you can't wear the same shirt to school twice in a row. So I told her I would find a shirt that's the same color. I can't believe how much my little girl has changed in just a short 9 months of school. I just want her to stay little forever!

This was at the beginning of the school year:



This is today - the last day of the school year:



Look how long her hair has grown!





Here is Brooke with the bus assistant, Mickey -who happens to live just down the street from us- and her bus driver, MaryLou - who happens to be cousins with our neighbor across the street. Such a small world, right? I sure hope that they might be her bus driver and assistant during the next year of preschool as well. I feel as if these two women have become a part of our family. Brooke adores Mickey and talks about her quite often. I love getting to talk to them every time Brooke gets on and off the bus. These next few months will be pretty quiet. Guess we'll have to find some activities to do.


Oh yeah, I applied for a computer based preschool for Brooke. You just use your own computer and Internet connection at home. I am still waiting to hear back from them. The only requirements were that the child was 4-5 years old, has not entered Kindergarten, and resides in Utah. If you want more info, you can either email me, (mickeyssparkplug@yahoo.com) or you can visit http://www.utahupstart.org/. You have to agree to have your child use the program for 15 minutes 5 days a week. We can easily handle 15 minutes! Hope everyone haves a wonderful, and adventurous summer!

6 comments:

Shiloh said...

WOW! she is getting so much bigger. That is such a cute idea! I think I might steal it and do it with the boys. How fun.

Anonymous said...

Amen on the WOW! She has grown up so much over the last 9 months. Cute pictures. :)

Eric and Jenny said...

What a great idea taking a picture on their last day of school and comparing to the first day. I don't think I would have thought of that, I will most definitely be doing that Luke's last day is in a few weeks. She look so cute and big in her pictures, I love her cute smile on the bus.

Jamie said...

Just looking at her face before and after she has changed in the nine months!! It is crazy how time flys by. I bet she loved school!

Noodle said...

oh how cute! I just had sammy's pictures done again and holy cow how they change so fast...

Bentleys said...

Oh that is so sweet! I cried they change so much I am not ready for my sweet boy to go to first grade all day!