Yesterday we went to the zoo with my best friend, Cara. Unfortunately, we got about half way there before I realized that I forgot my camera. Dang it!! But, Cara was nice enough to take a few pictures with her camera, I just have to wait until she emails them to me. We had so much fun. I hadn't been to the zoo since I was pretty little. So little, that I really don't remember anything about it. Cara has a season pass and got all of us in for free. I loved it. She renewed her pass for another year, so we are planning to go again. Can't wait! The girls had lots of fun. Brooke couldn't wait to see the elephants, (her favorite! Silly girl) and there were a few stairs you could walk down to get a better look. Brooke freaked out and said, "They stink. Real bad." She would only view the elephants from a distance after that. But we loved watching them eat. There were two of them and one would pull the grass right out of the net and eat it, while the other would scoop up what the other one dropped, walk over to their little pond of water, wash the grass, and then eat it. This elephant refused to eat the grass right out the net like the other one. We were curious why he would go through all the trouble to eat.
DaKoda loved the giraffe's. They are her favorite. Side note... When the girls were in the hospital back in January, we took the girls down to the gift shop to pick out something to keep their spirits up. DaKoda chose a stuffed giraffe over everything else. She loves to carry it around and take it to bed with her. That's how we know the giraffe is her favorite. So DaKoda loved watching the giraffes. Of course, Brooke thought they stunk as well. As long as we weren't up close to the animals, Brooke was alright. It was too funny though, I swear she held her nose shut for half the day! Every time we would turn to look at Brooke, she had her hand on her nose.
Brooke got pretty cold, and then got a little moody. She laid back in the stroller and we put a blanket over her. She stayed there for quite a while. She wouldn't really even eat lunch because she was so cold. It wasn't really that cold that day, just a little chilly. It was about 60 degrees. (We even came home with pink cheeks. We were there for 6 hours.) We pulled up to the carousel and rode it twice. After that, Brooke started acting like herself again.
We bought the girls some masks at the "zootique", and some name license plates, and they both got a new toy car. Sometimes I think my girls play with cars more than some little boys I know. We sure can't wait to go again!
After we left, I convinced Derek to drive the 17 miles up to Park City so I could check for a skirt for DaKoda, but they didn't have any left. Waste of a drive, but oh well. I can buy it online, but it's more than twice as much. From $9.60 to $21.75. Not worth it for a skirt, right? But the drive wasn't a total waste. We decided to drive back home through Provo canyon. We were almost to Heber when I spotted a field full of deer. I made Derek turn around. We counted over 30 of them. I have never seen so many deer in one place before. It was crazy! The entire day was one of the best by far!
1 comment:
Since we moved to Salt Lake, I've been to the zoo at least once a year. Even when I didn't have Makua. I love watching the animals. I think the penguins stink the most though. :) Especially on hot days. Blech.
Post a Comment