Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Be Strong and Immovable

On Saturday, I got to go with my Mom to my Aunt's Women's Conference. The guest speaker was Ardeth Kapp. She was amazing. She spoke for 45 minutes and I could have listened to her for another 45. She spoke about being strong and immovable. She also talked about never giving up. Her words really touched me. She is such an amazing woman. If you aren't sure who she is, she use to be the General Young Women's President. Back when I was pretty young. Like back in the 80's. I think she served from about '84 - '92. I think that is what they said. That would have been when my sister, Krista was in Young Womens. She really wanted to be there for it, but had a another conference for work to go to. I am so happy that my Dad offered to watch the girls so that I could attend. It was so funny.... he was getting the girls dressed while I was getting ready, and my poor Dad probably hasn't changed more than 5 diapers since I was wearing them. He couldn't figure out why there weren't any sticky tabs. We had to explain to him that they are now velcro'd together. "Well, where do you stick the velcro?" "Ummmm, anywhere Dad. It sticks anywhere on the diaper." "......Oh." Thought that was pretty funny.
I sure hope I get the chance again to listen to Ardeth Kapp. Maybe I will have to go and check out some of her previous talks. If you'd like to join me, click here for a link. Like I said, she's one amazing woman.

3 comments:

Tiff and Chris said...

How awesome! Sounds like a good time. Funny story about the diapers...gotta love Dads.

Eric and Jenny said...

That is just so sweet of your dad to watch your girls for you, I want to laugh at the thought of my dad offering to watch my boys! It must have been so wonderful spending time with your mom and going to womens conference!

kamaile said...

How nice of your dad to watch the girls. It's nice to get away every once in a while and do "grown-up" stuff. Love the diaper story. My sister was changing Makua's diaper once and she started putting it on upside down. I had to laugh.