Thursday, January 22, 2009

Christmas Eve

I know that Christmas was almost a month ago, but this blog is my journal and I want to keep track of what we do for Christmas year to year.
Christmas Eve began at Grandma and Grandpa Nielsen's. I had a wedding the day before and because of the nasty snow storm, we decided it would be better for us to spend the night and drive home in the morning. Later that evening, Derek and the girls made cookies. Yes, that's right I didn't help. I didn't do much the entire month of December. I am just barely now getting my house back in order. The cookies weren't even from scratch, which was my original plan. They were cookie dough ones you buy that you just place them on the cookies sheet and bake. Lazy? Yup.
After that, Derek got the girls into the bath a little early. Mrs. Claus stopped by while they were bathing and left them brand new Wall E pajamas. For some reason I hardly took any pictures over all of Christmas. So, no jammies picture. I tried to have Shiloh take some while we were visiting last weekend, but by the time we got to this outfit change, DaKoda had simply had enough. Here's one shot of Brooke in her jammies.


This was the best picture we could get with DaKoda.
After jammies, the girls got to open one present and play for a little while. Then we read stories and laid out the cookies for Santa. Then it was off to bed.

2 comments:

kamaile said...

I know it probably wasn't funny at the time, but that picture of DaKoda is slightly amusing.

Annie said...

I agree with Kamaile. It's slightly amusing, but your girls are still as adorable as ever!