Friday, December 12, 2008

Midway Creche Exhibit

Last weekend we went to Midway for our traditional Nielsen Creche visit. In Midway they have a fabulous Interfaith Crech Exhibit. To learn more about this event, you can click here. We have attended this event I believe 5 or 6 years now. We missed last year due to a major snow storm. The event is held in an LDS church that looks very Swiss. It is such a beautiful church. They have carefully set out all of the creches for you to view. Oh, by the way, if you aren't sure what a creche is, (I had no idea what it was when we first started going) it is the nativity scene. It is really interesting to view other country and religions perception on the nativity. There is even a creche carved into a matchstick. I love all the art work they have. They even have the Little People nativity, as well as Legos, and Precious Moments.
In Midway they also have the same weekend, a craft fair where Father Time makes an apperance. Brooke refused to go sit on his lap, but was trilled to take her picture with the two girls in the picture below. The girls are from the city royalty.
DaKoda refused to look up. The sun was too bright.
This is the only nativity I could take a picture of. It was outside, so there wasn't anyone to tell me I couldn't. Inside there are signs posted that you can't take photos. If you can't tell, this creche is made out of ice. Awesome work, huh? It looked so much more impressive in person. The details someone carved into the ice is outstanding.
They also have an area where they will dress you up in costume to become part of the nativity with your family. They take your picture and you get a copy for FREE! (Oh, by the way, the entire creche exhibit is free to partake in. There are also kids crafts.) The people in charge told us we could use our own cameras to take as many pictures as we wanted. So these are the ones that I got. My sister got some of DaKoda loving the doll. I will have to ask her to email some to me. We decided it would be cute to do a picture of just me with the girls. (Derek stayed home to work on the car.) Then we got a picture of the entire family together. I will have to get copies of those as well. DaKoda was so cute with the baby Jesus. She wouldn't leave. We had all taken off our costumes and turned around and she was still loving him. She screamed when I finally made her leave.

Aren't my little angels just the sweetest?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I've never heard of a creche either. The pictures of the girls in their angel costumes are precious.